All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im new to allcorsa and in need of some advice. Right now Ive got an Alpine CDA-9847R head unit with an ipod adapter but all my speakers are stock. I just want my system a little louder with better quality, nothing crazy really. Help?

Ps. Probably best mention I shift huge guitar amps around in my boot so a sub might be an issue.

Cheers everyone, Ry

:D

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Well first of all you need to establish a budget, how much do you want to spend?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Tell us what you got to spend mate, and what your after? And you can still have a little sub if you keep it minimal:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ha sorry forgot about that, id say £150 max. im after a decent sound really, it doesn't have to be that loud. i listen to pretty much all genres of music so they gotta be good all rounders. thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Get some Sony Xplods for your door panels and some 6x9s in your parcel shelf. You wouldn't need to spend a lot altogether. £100 max. Shop around on ebay.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Sony are often slated. Prime example - corsacrazy.com Also if you mention 6x9s there, they rip you to pieces..

But they're good quality for the price! :thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
I wouldnt recommend sony or 6x9s to be honest. But there again 150 is quite a small budget. IMO some comps in the front, maybe these, plus this amp. Wil give you a good mix of the sound and under budget. You can then attach a sub to this amp at a later date, or if you are prepared to go slightly over budget get this sub and box. You might have a problem with space but that is what back seats are for:thumbs_up:
Btw this full set comes to £173.97

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Dont buy sony stuff the power ratings are over rated, Grrr it winds me up, why does everybody suggest sony xplode stuff??? if people actually had some decent experience in ICE then you will realise how poor they actually are. Im slating anybody but its true.

Whats lodgey suggested is a decent setup, and noticing that you shift guitar amps etc, Blaupunkt make a slim compact sub in box, it is expensive but is worth it, blaupunkt are well known for their good quality stuff.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/blaupunkt-thb250-p-4614.html

Also i find http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk excellent for their prices.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Never actually seen that blaupunkt sub before clutch, whats it like with only a small airspace behind it, with it only been a compact box. Quite interested in how that will sound.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Dont buy sony stuff the power ratings are over rated, Grrr it winds me up, why does everybody suggest sony xplode stuff??? if people actually had some decent experience in ICE then you will realise how poor they actually are. Im slating anybody but its true.
Ooooh handbags at dawn, chill! :p

My Sony Xplod MD player Headunit is fine! The only reason I got it is because I mainly use Mini Discs & it was reasonably priced :)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Never actually seen that blaupunkt sub before clutch, whats it like with only a small airspace behind it, with it only been a compact box. Quite interested in how that will sound.
Its hard to say as iv havent heard one before but i would think its not likely to be as powerful as over subs of that size and spec, but the emphasis is on the size, being ported aswell this reduced the box size, but keeps a bit of punch behind it. Being so small has its disadvantages as it states it has a frequency reponse of 40Hz which for a sub isnt really amazing. im guessing the sub is based on an open air type design, rather than boxed. I would of thought it would be pretty good, just not as powerful as you might expect.

Ooooh handbags at dawn, chill! :p
Well it really winds me up when you know there is alot better out there for your money. im not trying to be some sort of keyboard warrior, its just giving the best advice!

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Well it really winds me up when you know there is alot better out there for your money. im not trying to be some sort of keyboard warrior, its just giving the best advice!
:D It's the 1st make I thought of which is not badly priced :p

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
At the end of the day you need to try and hear different setups yourself if its possible, some people do actually like the sound of cheaper brands and some cant stand it, although i dislike 6x9's myself for alot of people thats all they are used to e.g being in mates cars etc... So if they are happy with the sound that they here then thats what they should go for:) But IMO the best option is to always amp some components.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
woah cheers guys, didnt expect so many replies (and hit so many nerves :rolleyes: ) i think ill have to go listen to different speakers and decide then.

im liking what lodgey said about speakers and amp, then maybe a sub when i get some more money together. i took a look at that Blaupunkt THB250 slim design sub, it looks pretty sick and would fit right there in my boot.

no doubt il ask for more help soon, take it easy

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yeah same here let us know how you get on:)

·
Registered
197 Posts
A few things to remember when listening to speakers (auditioning they call it in audio circles!)

1. they are in a large room (not a car) and directly in front of your face.
2. they are fitted to a board that will bring the best out of them (baffleboard I believe it's called).
3. The head unit used (usually a high cost unit) will have the BASS on full, giving you an impresion of excellent speakers when they are actually average.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts