All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting a pre emptive strike on this while i can, as when im done with ibys and krazee's parts for my car i will be fishing for some decent speakers etc, not too fusyy on having the loudest earth shaking set up, just a nice bass line with the following items... let me know if these will fit and if you recommend something else, going for an all Edge set up:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_723495_langId_-1_categoryId_265870

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_723155_langId_-1_categoryId_265872 NOT SURE WHETHER TO GO 10 OR 12" 12 has built in amp and wiring kit with it

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_768543_langId_-1_categoryId_265870

and an edge amp couldnt find the link

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
ive listened to plenty, didnt get a body kit under advisement from you guys, nor did i get 16" alloys or a different grill, but yeah i am a stubborn ****, so sue me

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
probably get that or a very similar sub/amp for less on ebay
I'll have a browse, was guna get a nice system (under advisement) all at once and pay them to fit it, not really a wiring kinda guy and i know i'll just lose my rag and break something by accident :S

·
Registered
894 Posts
My advice after buying Edge products.

Basically you get what you buy, I won't be buying edge speakers again, not because they are awful but because I want better quality products, don't get me wrong they are rigid and built well but the sound quality isn't amazing after comparing to other speakers, they can be very loud with the right tuning but sound quality will never be there. Also they do not fit into corsa b's (the 6.5" set) even with the adapters they are too big, don't try to make them fit because they won't, trust me i've tried. The amp's however seem to be pretty decent IMO. I use one with a different set of speakers and can get decent quality, it hasn't broken on me and is still working fine even after buying it second hand and having it over 6 months, doesn't over heat etc. The sub's I will also tell you are exactly the same scenario as the speakers, they are built well and will take a battering but the quality is just not there. The bass they produce is substantial for the price but its not earth shaking enough for what it should be, be it 10 12 or even 15".

My overall opinion, amplifiers from them are OK but everything else seems to be average, I would fork out a little more and get something better personally, as you will only regret it further down the line when you realize the quality difference and think, f*** I spent all this and now I want a new full set.

Also where abouts are you located. I can install everything with you if your near, don't let halfords do it, as they won't do it properly as you can check by reading online reviews on the internet (no offence to Krazee, just an overall judgement), they always seem to mess stuff up with audio installs. I have full re-wired my B so I know where everything is/goes so I can help you with an install like I say if you aren't too far away.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My advice after buying Edge products.

Basically you get what you buy, I won't be buying edge speakers again, not because they are awful but because I want better quality products, don't get me wrong they are rigid and built well but the sound quality isn't amazing after comparing to other speakers, they can be very loud with the right tuning but sound quality will never be there. Also they do not fit into corsa b's (the 6.5" set) even with the adapters they are too big, don't try to make them fit because they won't, trust me i've tried. The amp's however seem to be pretty decent IMO. I use one with a different set of speakers and can get decent quality, it hasn't broken on me and is still working fine even after buying it second hand and having it over 6 months, doesn't over heat etc. The sub's I will also tell you are exactly the same scenario as the speakers, they are built well and will take a battering but the quality is just not there. The bass they produce is substantial for the price but its not earth shaking enough for what it should be, be it 10 12 or even 15".

My overall opinion, amplifiers from them are OK but everything else seems to be average, I would fork out a little more and get something better personally, as you will only regret it further down the line when you realize the quality difference and think, f*** I spent all this and now I want a new full set.

Also where abouts are you located. I can install everything with you if your near, don't let halfords do it, as they won't do it properly as you can check by reading online reviews on the internet (no offence to Krazee, just an overall judgement), they always seem to mess stuff up with audio installs. I have full re-wired my B so I know where everything is/goes so I can help you with an install like I say if you aren't too far away.
Alright thanks dude, i'll try another brand then, im in south yorkshire i dont know geographically where surrey is in comparison :S

·
Registered
894 Posts
Alright thanks dude, i'll try another brand then, im in south yorkshire i dont know geographically where surrey is in comparison :S
Go with something like Vibe dude, they are little more pricey (not much tbh) but have a much better sound quality (not show sound but good for the price IMO)

and yeah Yorkshire maybe not haha, think that's like 6 hours away

1 - 10 of 10 Posts