All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heya, ive just bought myself a vauxhall corsa 2002 sxi and wondered if anybody knew of any decent subs and speakers? im not great with all this so i thought id go by recommendations. ta

·
Registered
590 Posts
Ok well I am originally from the states so I'm not really sure if they are avail here. But audiobahn is probably IMO one of the best sub makers but yet there are tons. Mtx makes some. Tons of other companies. What you mainly need to look for is to make sure whatever brand you get that the Mp can push out equal or slightly less then the rms of the sub you are using. If you have an amp the pushes out more rms then the sub the over time it will blow and you'll be out a sub or two.

Voltfenhag makes a good amp, I use to have one. It served me well. More will chime in but just make sure for research what sub you like And make sure the amp is on par with it

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey all thanks for the replies, my budget is probs couple hundred, i was thinking the little fly ones that has built in amp would that sound ok?

·
Registered
590 Posts
You aren't gonna get much sound from them. It all depends what you want. If you wanna shake stuff you'll need at least 1000 watt amp with two subs with rms of at least 400w each

·
Registered
590 Posts
I had two audiobahn dub edition 12s on 1600 watt volfenhaag amp and it was so loud my mirror fell off twice. It would shake hair lol. I honestly wouldn't recommend it considering I got three tickets for noise pollution

·
Registered
260 Posts
Theloudest.co.uk

There stuff is expensive, but thier eBay shop does a lot of discounts, especially on package buys.
All their stuff is competition spec, very impressive stuff... loud and high quality.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/theloudest...d=801674629&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1

I got the 2000W 6x9 package a few years back... Still going strong, could probably do with having the speakers refurbed or replaced, but I've had them on around 80% volume pretty much everyday, every journey for a few years. They turn heads. Infact, I should probably have a hearing test.
I just wish I could have afforded the sub package to, instead of building my own passive sub setup. Overall I'm still very happy with my setup and havn't changed it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts