All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there no-one from South Wales on the forums? Or am I the only one?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well I don't think I'm too far, I'm in Exeter. Is Weston-Super-Mare near south wales? Because I can get there in about an hour.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a million miles away mate....can see Weston over the water at night....I'll be sure to give you a wave :rolleyes:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last time I was down that way was when I went to Clyst St Mary for a Fantazia rave...jesus, that was 1992 I think :eek:

Man I'm getting old....

·
Registered
497 Posts
Clyst St Mary.....I'm sure thats scarily near me! Can't remember going there but I'm pretty damn sure it's near me! Lol.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
dont live there but bought my car from western - super - mare on holiday.long way from essex. :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
By the way I found out Clyst St Mary is very near me! Only about 10 - 15 mins from my house! Scary...... lol

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had a great time down there.....got absolutely off my rocker and ended up catching a train back.....which wasn't the most pleasant experience in the state I was in :eek:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just down the road! :thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
i'm down in swansea, attending uni. i'm doing motorsport engineering, woohoo! the welsh car scene seems to be very weak. doesn't seem to be many shows.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
i'm down in swansea, attending uni. i'm doing motorsport engineering, woohoo! the welsh car scene seems to be very weak. doesn't seem to be many shows.
If I'd have followed my career plan from school I would just be finishing that course at that Uni right now :rolleyes: .
Unfortunately I only managed to finish my college course before I got put off doing it.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I don't know the specific name of the place, I just know it was in Wales and had a motorsport course.
When I was looking there was only 2 Universities that did the course.
I got put off because the Nat dip Motor Vehicle engineering course I did was crap, and the tutors were advising us to find an alternative career as there was no money in it and it's a dying industry apparently.

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
there are 2 unis' in wales doing the course and a few in england. those guys were talking crap! new technology is being used now, so they need people who know how to use it. we're being trained to use top of the range stuff, similar to what racing teams are using now. i don't see the industry dying in the near future.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I think they were talking about the lower end of the Market, ie fitting jobs.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yeah that's all I really use it for now, to tinker with my car.

·
Registered
521 Posts
i wish i had done it i was offered an apprentiship in mechanics and mot testing but i took the engineering because they offered me alot more money

1 - 20 of 56 Posts