All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a spanner light popping up on my Corsa CDTI. It comes on after about 3 to 4 minutes of driving and disappears after switching the car off each time. Doesn't seem to be any loss of power when the light comes on.

I got a Bluetooth OBD2 scanner and downloaded torque on my phone. It connects fine and shows all the stats from the car in real time. However it shows no fault codes, no pending faults, no historic faults, nothing. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help. That would make sense as I have serviced it myself and the car has just passed the 100k mark. It is an 2005.

However the owners manual says that the light is the "engine electronics light". It is the one with a car symbol and a spanner going through it. Here is a pic of it found on google...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for your help. That would make sense as I have serviced it myself and the car has just passed the 100k mark. It is an 2005.

However the owners manual says that the light is the "engine electronics light". It is the one with a car symbol and a spanner going through it. Here is a pic of it found on google...

Shouldn't than one (the engine electronics light) be like an engine with a lighting bolt through it? At least that's what I have in my Corsa's owner manual (but mine is a B, not a C...).

The spanner normally is associated with service intervals - perhaps you've reached a certain # of miles and you have to have the light turned off on the ECU?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine says that for service it is just a spanner on it's own but more then willing to try the clear service light thing. How do I do that?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine says that for service it is just a spanner on it's own but more then willing to try the clear service light thing. How do I do that?
That's a very good question, as I don't have Torque on my phone, and I can't test it on my Corsa 'cause it is a B and therefore not OBD-II compliant... :p
Try other similar apps, I'm sure there will be one on the Play Store which will do that for you!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right it is defto the engine electronic light. Have wired up a few code readers and they can clear the light but show no codes and the light comes back on later. Anything else I can try?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts