All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right im looking into a sparco seat for drivers side, how much hassle are they to fit?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
you will need new subframes, not a difficult job just a bit annoying, you planning to fit recliners or just the standard clubman type?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Recliners if your using standard seat belts as they sit nicier, also you have adjustability, the downside is they are usually more expensive. Clubman seats have high sides so the belts will sit across them rather than your lap which is dangerous, its depends on the seat really. if you look at a picture of one you will see what i mean about it resting on the side of the seats.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
If you have the money, go for recliners, they look alot better and are adjustable so can be alot more confortatble. If you have a problem with clubman type seats and the standard seatbelt, just buy a racing harness.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I'd go for recliners personally Ant as you get all the adjustment and they are generally more comfy. Although momo do some very nice fixed buckets that are between £100-150 IIRC.

As for them fitting you can get model specific subframes.

Check out www.rimstyle.com for some ideas and don't forget the Gold Member discount.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
The question is (like i said in my last post!!!) will the seatbelt sit across your lap, or the seat sides, i wouldnt like to be involved in a crash if my seatbelts were hovering above my waist.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I'd agree with Clutch on the seatbelt issue. Although the seat in itself is a tried and tested seat. As in it's used by many and quite highly rated.

If you do decide to get one though, make sure it's in black.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah black and grey i was going to get. definatly going to look into it though. thanks for help :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
sparco

hey m8, i have got sparco racing bucket seats in my corsa. i used the standard subframes that come with the vauxhall seats originally then i had made up a bracket that will fix to the sub frame. it was a pain in the arse but saves alot of cash. get to keep the ride height and adjustable chairs. it also allows you to keep the airbag plugged in!
the reclining seats are naff, they dont really recline far enuff to even notice that theyre recliners... get what i mean? i was initially goin to buy recliners.
up to you though, its your car and your the one driving it!:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks leezo makes much more sense, clubman seats look far better anyhow, so can you buy these brackets?

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
when fitting them can they only bolt down in one place or is there random holes so you can move it forward and back?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts