All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya, where can i get the correct spark leads for a 1.2 8V engine as the ones halfords say are for my car (both bosch and thier own brand) are about 2" too short to reach from the dizzy cap to the spark plugs... :mad:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Chris, you have the same engine as me and the Bosch leads i got from Halfords are fine for my car. and its the correct leads for my car according to the flip chart things

·
Registered
43 Posts
you will have the same problem if you try and get NGK spark plugs from halford book sais they fit but they bloody dont,

just call up uni parts or something they will get you the bits you need

·
Registered
611 Posts
Tried them mate, longest 1 wont reach from the dizzy to the spark plugs...
they do! i bought the Bosch set and they fitted fine. my mate had the same engine and got the Halfords own brand ones, and they fitted fine with plenty slack.

if you really want, i will take a picture of said spark plugs going from the dizzy to the plugs :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Heya, where can i get the correct spark leads for a 1.2 8V engine as the ones halfords say are for my car (both bosch and thier own brand) are about 2" too short to reach from the dizzy cap to the spark plugs... :mad:
I got my HT leads from Halfords for my 1.2 8v & they're fine :confused:

·
Registered
611 Posts
IIRC, this is how mine is set up

sorry for the crap paint effort :laugh:
others may have a different set-up, but if i have got mine right, yours will be the same, but with the dizzy rotated at some angle or another.
will double check this when i go out to my car, but IIRC, that is how it mine is set up

the longest lead goes from the spark plug on the left, 2nd longest -second from left, etc

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IIRC, this is how mine is set up

sorry for the crap paint effort :laugh:
others may have a different set-up, but if i have got mine right, yours will be the same, but with the dizzy rotated at some angle or another.
will double check this when i go out to my car, but IIRC, that is how it mine is set up

the longest lead goes from the spark plug on the left, 2nd longest -second from left, etc
yeah i know how they should go, and yeah i know they are different lengths, hell i got my dad to check and they just dont reach, gonna try swapping them for another set ;)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Cant see why Halfords would sell HT leads for a corsa that wont fit, you got the wrong ones, or they werent labelled properly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts