All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 657 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New car.
Was looking at an arden blue one but that had been sold, so I ended up putting a deposit on this.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338901951.656638.jpg

Needs a little bit of TLC inside and out but I'm sure I can get it looking as good as new in no time.
Picking her up on Friday when I've sorted out insurance.
Only £207 more than my 1.0L :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right, so I was thinking, now that I've had the car a couple of months now, and haven't yet crashed it. I may as well make a start to this project thread.

Here are a few pictures from a few days after I bought it.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plans are coilovers, 60mm
Tinted windows,
Backbox,
Corsa C SXi alloys or Softstars,
Aftermarket custom audio setup,
And that's it for the time being.
I will be looking forward to hearing some suggestions.

EDIT: Will definitely be wanting side skirts.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I was thinking that also, but I wouldn't be exaggerating if I told you the whole car could do with a full body respray.
It's covered in stone chips and dents.
After writing off my previous Corsa, my insurance company gave me 14 days in which I had to find and buy a new vehicle to add to my existing policy.
Every private listing I called about had been sold so I ended up buying from trade. Massively overpriced for the work that has been done to it over the last month.
i.e. new steering rack and ball joints, new sump, silencer, brake disks and pads and I'm starting to have even more problems as my engine has suddenly started overheating on a 5 minute journey. Hopefully it's just a simple case of the thermostat being stuck and not the head gasket that's failing.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So to start this project off, the first thing I did was remove that pink butterfly vinyl from the tailgate.

I was getting fed up with the tinny stock speakers, so I decided to add something with a little more oomph.
I went out and bought myself a Vibe 1200w sub and matching 6x9's.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
By the looks of it, everyone seems to be de-bumpstripping their car.
To me, it's more hassle than it's actually worth. So I had something different in mind.

This is how it went.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Had a can of Flame Red matched paint lying around, so thought I'd put it to use.

Managed to get hold of some rear tinted lights and a GSi rear bumper.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Was a challenge but I've finally got my coilovers set and fitted on a 60mm drop all round. And a Sportex 3" exhaust.
Not to mention the bumpstrips are now fully sprayed.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm have some Corsa C SXi alloys. Only problem is, I don't have the money to put tyres on.
There will be a for sale thread for the alloys that are on my car at the moment. Hopefully that'll bring me that one step closer if anyone buys.

1 - 20 of 657 Posts