All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fitted some spax rxs coilovers few days ago on my corsa b, and now theres like a knocking noise coming from the rear, so im guessing it has to be rear suspension as ive only change that, but dont know what its coming from..

anyone else had this problem?

ive checked all the silly things like vibarations on the parcel shelf and things in boot etc, as the rear end will be alot stiffer now, but no it aint that, so i thought maybe its the springs creaking on the axle as theres no rubber bump stops on the bottom of the spring so i made some bump stops and covered them in grease but no it aint that either..

everythink is tight etc, but only thing i can think of now is the rubber mounts creaking so will take them off and put abit of grease on them, but its more like a knock than a creak..

anyone help please! would be great! :)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope not that, it was slightly before i put abit of padding on the axle and heat wrap around the exhaust which stopped it, but sounds like its coming from each rear strut pref my side

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so was it a slight knocking noise coming from them?

the kit was 2nd hand but only a few months old, but the rear dampers looked brand new.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i've got this problem aswell.
it gets worse when i put my sound system in the boot, or have more than one passenger. have you had any luck fixing it yet?
its driving me nuts.

·
Registered
191 Posts
ive got the same problem but not on coilover on springs and shocks, my knocks from the rear,
The exhaust hit the axle, and i get round to slove the problem,also it knock because my bumpstops on the axle have gone ie missing,check the bumpstops.......

·
Registered
0 Posts
wot it is, is mine craeks when im driving at low speed (at the back, always at the back)
and it knocks over bumps & pot holes.
to be honest it sounds like the springs are creaking when at slow speed with passengers.
and knocking is when springs expand again.
i dont kno if this helps?

·
Registered
191 Posts
yeah i would say check the bumpstops there should be 4 all together one at the top of the spring and off course one at the bottom on both sides,even so if that dont help check the exhaust ,lossen of the clamp from the backbox to the exhaust pipe and lift it up slightly then tighten it,if still does it check the washers on top of the shock inside the car might be missing ive done all this and all i need is some bumpstops,my friend had the same problem she brought some bumpstop and it cured the fault hope it helps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts