All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,

Ages ago I had a problem whereby when it rained; my speaker in the passenger door would crackle and the sound would come and go from time to time. This was caused by a leake by the wing mirror, this was fixed by a bodge-job illustrated in the diagram below!

To tackle this problem I got some of that weather proofing meterial from Vauxhall and mounted my speaker ON TOP of a layer of this stuff. So Id kindof looked like this:

Sorry for the ****ty diagram but heres the key:

Grey vertical bar = Car door.
Terqoise Line = Plastic weatherproofing
Orange Line = Speaker Wire
Red Line = Path of screws
Blue Line = Original drip (reason for plastic)

So, I fixed this, but now I heard the crackling again after some rain. I took the speaker out of its plastic etc and it was BONE DRY inside.

Could this be down to a wire getting wet further up the door?? I dont see what could be causing this.

Any help greatly appreciated!!
Cheers!

·
Registered
611 Posts
speakers can crackle for a variety of reasons. my driver's door speaker did it for a while cos the wire was a bit loose. could be that the speaker is past its best also

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Could this be down to a wire getting wet further up the door?? I dont see what could be causing this.
I would think so, wire might be damaged or connections getting wet, check the wiring.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
speakers can crackle for a variety of reasons. my driver's door speaker did it for a while cos the wire was a bit loose. could be that the speaker is past its best also
Speakers are brand new!

Also; the connector plug is wrapped in duct tape.... is duct tape even waterproof???

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
Speakers are brand new!

Also; the connector plug is wrapped in duct tape.... is duct tape even waterproof???
duct tape was invented to be waterproof, for the American military, earning it the nick name 'duck tape'

its NOT who you know .... its the useless **** you know ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts