All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna have a look at speakers for the car tomorrow. Wanting to get a set of components :

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4697.html

What size are the standard door speakers and tweeters?
How easy is it to replace speakers?
How easy is it to replace tweeters?

Also thinking about putting a set of speakers on parcel shelf (not 6x9's) - is this a good idea and if so what size would you recommend?

There will be a sub in boot eventually so don't want anything thats gonna interfere with that.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I'm not that clued up on ice but I can offer advice on fitting the speakers. Once you get your doorcards off it's literally a case of just unscrewing the screws, unplugging the speaker and fitting the new one in IIRC.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I dont know what components are, but if its splits that you are talking about, for the front door, the corsa takes 4" - 5". You can increase that size with spacers. Plastic works best.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Join talkaudio.co.uk im signed up there they help loads, definately a no no for 6x9's just go on talkaudio and ask about them oh dear lol they are hated! get a good set of components spend around the £100 mark and for even better sound wire them upto an amp!

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i know i'm prob's gonna get slated but I ended up getting 2 way Pioneer 6x9's. I'm still gonna get a decent set of components for the front tho after xmas and a sub. Please don't hate me for the 6x9's :( lol - at least there not sony.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea altho i know a few folk in the audio trade that still say 6x9's are good guess i'll find out when i fit them after xmas (there an xmas pressie from the girlfriend)

·
Registered
325 Posts
I used to have a sub in mine, but i blew it

If u are going to put a sub, make sure u upgrade the big three
batery to chasis
alternator to battery positive
alternator to battery negative

or else u will find that the battery will get drained more when the engines off and the lights dim more on low bass notes

·
Registered
696 Posts
i used to hate 6x9's but then i got a paior of JBL GTO's in a corsa shelf for a tenner, sound good to me :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
I think it depends what you want them for, I've got 6X9's in my parcel shelf, admittedly they don't sound as good as my Infinity components up front, but they are only used for "rear fill" so theres a bit more than just bass coming from the back of the car. I've stopped the deeper frequencies going to the 6X9's by selecting one of the filters (low pass or high pass I can't remember lol) on the amp. I've also got them set so you hear virtually all the mid range and treble coming from the components up front, but if you're in the back you get more than just the sub blasting you in the back lol. I've heard people say that 6X9's interfere with subs, but I can't say I've noticed any conflicts, even at high volumes with deep bass.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Gonna have a look at speakers for the car tomorrow. Wanting to get a set of components :

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4697.html

What size are the standard door speakers and tweeters?
How easy is it to replace speakers?
How easy is it to replace tweeters?

Also thinking about putting a set of speakers on parcel shelf (not 6x9's) - is this a good idea and if so what size would you recommend?

There will be a sub in boot eventually so don't want anything thats gonna interfere with that.
If you want excellent speakers, get a set of these and fix them into your parcel shelf lol
http://www.soundsrealaudio.com/prd_spkr_wilson.htm

If you have over £1000...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts