All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the bulbs in the speedo to red LED ones. Before i did this - when ignition was on 4 lights would normally come on. The one for handbrake on, The engine icon, the oil can icon and the battery icon and then would disappear when car was started. But after replacing bulbs for the clocks, all the 4 lights apart from the battery one comes on. Car starts fine as usual though without any problem.

Is this something to worry about? I tried the bulb for handbrake light in the battery one but didn't light it up even though that bulb works. Any ideas?

The other thing is my indicator lights on the clocks don't come on but indiacators are actually working and you can hear the click click noise of them working inside the car. Again i tried the bulb for handbrake light in it but didn't work - any ideas on that?

A bit scared that i may have done damage or something

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Check all the LEDS. If there's a break in the circuit, some lights won't work. You know the greenish circuit board on the back of the clocks?... You'll see loads of gold lines - I don't think there can be a break in the circuit. Re-check all the LEDS. Off to take a pic of my progress now. :)

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both problems have now been sorted :D

Indicator problem was that behind that area on clocks there are 2 holes side by side for a bulb - mine was in wrong hole so that was sorted yesterday.

Battery light was figured out thanks to Kingsizeriz - its lit up with a big bulb and i thought that was one for speedo illumination and put an LED in it before we realised its only 2 out of the 3 big ones for speedo illumination. Put old bulb back in and wahey - all sorted so i'm happy :D

Big thanks to kingsizeriz - cheers mate :thumbs_up:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts