All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, under the spoiler there's rust it's pretty bad :mad: . I've tried removing the spoiler to see how bad it is, but can't remove it :mad: . How much would I be looking at to get this sorted at a body shop ? :confused:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
hi there

its going to depend on just how bad it is, to remove the spoiler open the tailgate and remove the 4 bolts from inside the tailgate, close it over again and along the top edge where the water jet is you will find 2 torque screws, take them out then between the tilgate and the spioiler on both legs of the spoiler slide in something flat like an bank car and slide it up and down to loosen the doublesided tape it should come off after that, i had one and it was pretty bad, you need to keep in mine the corsas that am with a spoiler had a spcific tailgate and if you dont get one it involves moding a standard one which doesnt always work out to well

d

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tried again it won't move at all, it looks as thought a yellow glue is holding it on. bolts were easy to take off ??????????

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
A bit of a long shot here but try and get a paper-scraper on the yellow glue. Might be able to cut through it like that.
Just be careful not to wreck your paintwork.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
the double sided tape on the spoiler is yellow start at the top of the spoilers 2 legs that go down the sides just below the top 2 bolts, use an old bank card or something thin and flat and it will tear the tape, its gonna be tough, at the end of the day your remoxing something that gm didnt plan to come off

d

·
Registered
585 Posts
I used a stanley knife blade to slice through the spongey adhesive seal on my spoiler.....just take your time with it and prise it away inch by inch then slide the blade behind it.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
And watch your fingers!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts