All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, a few days ago i nearly went into the back of another car. After inspection i noticed the small pipe running to what looks like a relay then to the round vacuum thing at the front of the engine bay had come out of it's rubber elbow. I put it back in and cable tied it. Ever since then the brakes have felt spongy.
I'm not overly experienced with cars so a detailed answer would be greatly appreciated as to what i can do!
It's a Corsa B (Auto)
Pictures are good too!

Thankyou in advance.
Adam.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
A photo of the bit you're referring to would help. Also knowing which engine, model, year.

One thing you could do is to invest in a Haynes manual - they aren't perfect, but they are good way for a novice to work out what's what and get an idea of how things work.

Brakes are a safety related issue - if you suspect yours aren't right don't drive the car until you've had it properly checked. If you can't thoroughly check them yourself then get professional advice.

A few obvious things you can do:
Check your fluid level
Check each wheel for signs of leaks from the hydraulic system
Press the pedal firmly and hold it there - check it doesn't sink
Check the servo system (With the engine off press the brake pedal until it goes hard, that means the servo vacuum is exhausted. Then keep your foot on the brake pedal and start the engine - the pedal should dip slightly as the engine fires - which shows the vacuum has been re-established.)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do apologise for my vague question.
It's a x14xe
Corsa B
R-Reg
It came loose at the top left square which feeds to the right one and leads back to the vacuum/servo??

I have cheked fluid and all seems fine.

Adam.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts