All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo yo yo yo, i want a to either de-cat my car or put a sports cat in to give some pure noise! but with a sports cat will the emissions still be ok?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Apparently a sports cat will allow it to pass emissions, but they start in the £hundreds. I'd recommend a piper decat personally. They're available in both straight through, or silenced. I have the silenced, Lee_H has the straight through.
Make sure it is stainless steel aswell. Motech also have the mild steel versions which strangely enough cost more.

VAUXHALL CORSA "B" 1.4/1.6 16v 94-00 (WITH BOX)S/S CAT BYPASSCAT26AS £59.22
VAUXHALL CORSA "B" 1.4/1.6 16v 94-00 (WITHOUT BOX)S/S CAT BYPASSCAT26BS £46.53

http://www.motechdirect.co.uk/motechdirect/

And here's a pic of the stainless steel decat without the silencer (Lee_H's)

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Not 100% sure, on my current corsa all I've had is a de-cat on. The non silenced one I had on with a protech manifold and it made the car sound raspy, the one I have now is fine apart from when I first start the engine, but I think it's blowing slightly at the join with the manifold.

·
Registered
670 Posts
my straight pipe is alright, you can notice the difference in the sound definatley, no performance difference though i dont think

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I have the standard system with a performance rear box and it sounds great, not too loud just a noticable low growl

You will need a cat to pass the emissions

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i know, but will just put it back on for the m.o.t erm so does the straight through pipe just connect onto where the cat was no need for cutting etc?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yep, just a direct bolt on mod. No hassles. (In theory).

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool think i will have to get one an see what its like lol, lee_H any chance of a vid?

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh well, how many times do they stop people? never heard it round here

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Nether have i Anthony but Lee tells me there are 2 places in our area where they regularly do it....

I'm not trying to tell you what to do but it just sods law that you'll get randomly stopped and its just not worth it at the end of the day, just get a sports cat hun ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts