All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, i decided to spray my wheel black today i only managed to do one but i will do the others day by day, i will put pics up shortly let me know what you all think when you see the pics it still does needs laquering, im really pleased with the result tho i havnt done a wheel before, cheers :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
agree with the rest should have ethier sprayed the whole wheel,

or get that lip to the polishers and buft up so it looks chrome

·
Registered
196 Posts
What steps did you do?

I might be getting some wheels to refurb...

Want them to look proper though

Im guessing you didnt sand them down to the metal?

How many coats of primer / colour / laquer did you use?

Thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
it looks Sh!t with the whole wheel sprayed (have a look in photoshop section at CORSA WHEELS) i was really tempted to do it tho, i really like the outcome i am going to get the chrome lip redone on all 4 wheels but im going to spray them first, i think it looks really good, but cheers for the input,

whittie, i sanded down with 240 grade then 320 then 400 right upto 1200 but primering in between then spraying with halfords gloss black, then sanding down again with 1200 then sprayed again all i need to do now is laquer them, i had a tin but it had nothing in it, hope this helps, cheers :)

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Polish the lip and laquer the wheels and it will look good mate, I quite like them like that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good start, but as most others say, polish the lip and then lacquer the whole thing and they'll look great :)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I think it looks good, only thing you need is the lip could do with a refurb

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeh im gonna get all 4 refurbed just got no money at the min, might spray it all black today to see what it looks like. cheers for the comments :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts