All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joanne reckons her step dad has a compressor - we need to get the spoiler we bought sprayed and wondered would it be fine doing it ourselves - or better to get it done at a bodyshop?

If doing it myself what sort of prep work would i need to do?

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea thats what I was thinking Laura - we'll speak to her step dad when he gets back from the rig and see what he thinks - jo can't wait to get the spoiler on so just trying to sort it out

·
Registered
11 Posts
When spraying anything, take your time. Its too easy to rush because you want it on asap. Let the paint dry between each coat, I know this sound patronising but it is so east to make a mess. Give yourself a few days, it will be worth it !

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yeah, the biggest thing is take your time, i know the first time i sprayed some stuff, i did it way too quick, had massive drips and waisted couple of cans of spary paint.

Should be fine using a compressor, try spraying something else first before you do your spoiler, just to get some practice.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Iv done a couple of exterior bits for my mate too they came out fine, because the spoiler is plastic it will be a similar job to the interior just bigger.

Clean it, key it (sand it), clean it off again, primer, paint, laquer :thumbs_up:

My guide goes into a bit more detail than that lol, just a case of doing thin, even layers and taking your time, dont rush the prep its just as important. Do a test piece or 2 first, its highly recommended! do it all as in sand it, prime etc so you will get an idea of what its like. Hope you will use it in a well ventilated area because you do get a fair bit of fumes lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts