All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i tried to spray where my wiper was with cans and its tured out gash, iv also got rust, i can borrow a compressor from work
is it work geting a spray gun and paint from the internet and doin it myself?
i got quoted like £175 - £300 just to do the bonnet and boot, and i want much more then that doing!:mad::(
so any advice would help me so much before i spend more money to find out its well hard!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Better start saving guy. :thumbs_up: After DIY painting paintwork will come off cleaning car with industrial pressure washer. But trying is worth. Loads of dry and wet sandpaper, primer, color paint and lacquer. A very hot day with no wind or a very clean garage is a must. And most of all loads of free time. ;)

When they are doing paintin they use special heaters to "bake the paint into the metal". can reach almost same result on very very hot day leaving car in direct sunlight. I knew a great website where they sell dvd of how to paint the car yourself. try googling an best of luck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
ok so i tried to spray where my wiper was with cans and its tured out gash, iv also got rust, i can borrow a compressor from work
is it work geting a spray gun and paint from the internet and doin it myself?
i got quoted like £175 - £300 just to do the bonnet and boot, and i want much more then that doing!:mad::(
so any advice would help me so much before i spend more money to find out its well hard!
show us what happened. could remove the paint from parts with white spirit. Tar remover was very helpful when i had to remove paint dust from 2009 fiesta after painting my house exterior xD

·
Registered
317 Posts
As has been said I wouldn't bother doing a home jobby on it if you want it looking right, it's expensive but the results will be worth it.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Just get all done pro, you think will be cheaper(speaking from experiance) you gotta get like 2/3 cans primer 4 cans paint 2 can laquer, already on about 40£, and thats if you dont **** it and have to do again, get it sprayed pro for £80

1 - 6 of 6 Posts