All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to spray my dash today and im going to re-do my bootlock surround.

Shall i use filler primer or regular plastic primer for my interior?

My boot lock is in pretty bad shape, I sprayed it yesterday but theres a few dents and nicks in it. can I sand it down smooth again and put some sort of primer over the top to get rid of the grooves and nicks?

or will i need to sand this down again?

cheers :)

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
plastic primer for interior.

depends how deep the nick is? could just spread some filler over it, rub it down, re-primer, rub down, spray.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're not that deep, mostly just little fine scratches. the deepest one isnt even 1mm deep but its noticable with the paint over the top.

Should i use filler primer for this? will I have to sand it all down to the plastic again or can I go over the top of the existing layers???

·
Registered
138 Posts
get your self some high build primer for the lot that way the little nicks etc should fill out to start with to save you the hassle off what youv had with the boot lock
then you can just spray it with finishing colour then laquer

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can I do this on top of the job i did on it to start with? or will I need to sand it all down to the black plastic again? :(

Should I get paint from Halfords or vuxhall?? which would be cheaper? which would be a better colour match??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If i cant get the scratches and nicks completely out will the filler primer fill them in?? will i need to sand the filler primer once dry?

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
filler primer won't fill deep'ish scratches, try it. if not use a light skim of body filler. then sand that down, dead easy.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I notice some very fine scratches on my bumper once i had primed that, used some household polyfiller to fill the scratches, it sands down really nicely to give a perfect finish :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I notice some very fine scratches on my bumper once i had primed that, used some household polyfiller to fill the scratches, it sands down really nicely to give a perfect finish :)
wait untill the winter months when it gets a bit colder sure that will still look good!!!! :shocked:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
wait untill the winter months when it gets a bit colder sure that will still look good!!!! :shocked:
Well its going to be covered by a couple of coats of paint and lacquer so i think it should be fine, i hope :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
you can buy plastic filler primer from halfrauds, spray it, rub it down and repeat till its gone, then normal plastic primer flat and topcoat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts