All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brakes are really annoying me now:mad: Everytime i come to a stop, you guessed it, they squeak! Is there any quick fix solution? Bare'in in mind i have just changed the pads up at the front. But im curious if its to do with the rear drums, as its kinda started when i painted them..?:confused:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i did.. well mechanic did. But i do clean the wheels and **** alot..power washing etc.. U recon i should put some more on or sumat??

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Get a can of brake cleaning fluid and have a spray on your brakes. Squealing is normally caused by glazed pads or brake dust.

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
If the pads have pins or runners to guide them, lightly apply grease in the areas on the pads which contact them.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right, all is now sorted. TBH i should of done it long time ago, took it dwn my brothers garage, he basically said this is what you get with cheap pads, he took them out, grinded the edges in, so dust build up is less, copper gressed both sides, and checked the backs.. Now all is sound :D ...

Word of warning, dont buy the spary which stops the squeaking. It lasts for about the whole of 1min. Terrible stuff..

Moral of the story, when buying brake pads, get sumat decent, lol ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts