All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ive got an embrassing problem with my car.

It only happens ocasionally and i cant pin it down to spesific weather or anything like that.

It usually happens in either 1st or 2nd gear, and the length of time seems to vairy, but there is a high pitched, very loud squealing coming from my engine.

It happened to me tonight driving through town, there was me trying to look cool and suddenly it starts, managed to get everyone around to look at me, but not for the right reasons :shocked:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Aaah the classic alternator belt squeal! needs renewing by the sounds of things, not difficult or expensive :thumbs_up:

thats happened to me as i drove down the high street :eek: lol

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys, ill pop down to my local garage and see if they will take a quick look and fix any problems they find

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Ok ive got an embrassing problem with my car.

It only happens ocasionally and i cant pin it down to spesific weather or anything like that.

It usually happens in either 1st or 2nd gear, and the length of time seems to vairy, but there is a high pitched, very loud squealing coming from my engine.

It happened to me tonight driving through town, there was me trying to look cool and suddenly it starts, managed to get everyone around to look at me, but not for the right reasons :shocked:
Does it happen when the engine is really struggling? It might be where the exhaust goes into the engine. The wire mesh gasket has probably worn as I had the same problem. Mine squeaked like mad when it got hot. Metal was rubbing together.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does it happen when the engine is really struggling? It might be where the exhaust goes into the engine. The wire mesh gasket has probably worn as I had the same problem. Mine squeaked like mad when it got hot. Metal was rubbing together.
No its not that, it does it no matter what the revs, and i would of thought if it was that then it would do it all the time, but it doesnt

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah, no i havent, i will have a look when i get back to my home, see if there is anything in there about it

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah it probably is, do you know how i would tell if i look at the engine, for example where i actually look and what i would be looking for

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
If your looking into the engine bay, look down the left hand side between the air box and the engine block and you should see a rubber belt which leads off from the crank to the alternator, shouldnt be too difficult to identify, if it looks old, dirty, worn then it most likely to be that. Other tell tell signs of it not being changed and of its age, is cracks in it, you would normally see them on the inside part of the belt.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok ill have a look when its light

1 - 16 of 16 Posts