All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, my 1.2 corsa b keeps cutting out when put in reverse with the clutch down after about 4 seconds which makes parking a pain in the ass! also when it gets put in reverse the fuel gauge goes right down to empy... any 1 have any ideas?
cheers

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
I was going suggest the clutch might be dragging, but that wouldn't account for the fuel gauge dropping - and you'd notice that first and reverse were hard to engage if the clutch was dragging.

So I'd think it was an electrical problem. Try disconnecting the switch on the gearbox casing that activates the reverse light - see if that make any difference. Just pull the connector off and tape it up. At least it will either identify the problem or eliminate one thing. It could be a short on that circuit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i fort it might of bin electrical (it stil might be) but the car stalls as soon as it starts now chekd the fuel pump its fine checked the fuel pipe goin into the carb and its trickling through so im thinking its possibly the fuel filter im guna change it tomorrow if that doesnt work then ill look into the electrics

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.