All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all hope you can help

This problem has just started,

The car will start fine but once it's up to temp it will cutout when stopped ie idling.

I have done the pedal trick and it seems to point to the crank sensor, would this sensor only affect idling ?

Other than the idling problem the car is running fine other than the odd cough or splutter.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
I can see why you ask, but in brief yes it can happen like this. They start fine from cold, run until warm, then cut out on idle and won't restart until it's cooled down a bit.

Replacement crank sensors from Autovaux are pretty cheap, but even so it's worth taking it out and cleaning the end of it. Sometimes a bit of metal gets stuck on the end of the sensor (as they are a powerful magnet) - cleaning it off occasionally sorts it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey, I've just had the exact same problem. My car went up to temperature and cut out a lot of the time, even got that bad that it started cutting out whilst I was driving. Just had my crank sensor replaced and it seems to be okay now. So give that a go. Defo give AutoVaux a ring! Hope you get it fixed soon :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts