All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
On x14xe, back of the engine shaped like a canister/cylinder. Two wires going to it.

Access from underneath is easiest

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay,

So i can't jack it up because I don't have the correct equipment. What's the best way to get at it from the engine bay? If my garage wasn't so full of crap I'd push it in there and get at it that way (I got a pit in the garage for getting under cars).

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Stick it in gear and rock the car backwards and forwards. That should free it off. Otherwise it will need to come out.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been trying this.. My old man's told me to do the same thing. But it doesn't seem to be working. Not entirely sure which 'gear' I'm supposed to stick it into..

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
you can either hit it with a piece of wood / hammer and pole, or can bump start it... i.e get car roling at a decent speed and have it in 2nd gear and release the clutch... although a starter motor isn't too expensive.. i had to replace mine a few months ago, and cost me just under 100 pounds including labour... but the price of the starter motor was around 50 pounds!

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
oh haha.. sorry i diddn't see that! best thing to do is either keep hitting it to get the magnets to work inside the motor, until you can replace it :/

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
bear in mind that, it wown't fix it and you'll probably find it will keep getting worse, until replaced. so if you plan on taking the car somewhere, id suggest taking some tools in the back, so you can start it again haha

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha, Fair play.. Only issue atm is that i don't have a jack so can't put it up onto axle stands atm.

Is there a way I can get to it from the bay?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Engine bays too crammed on these.

You'll have to buy the correct stuff

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I've already read that tutorial..

Problem is I don't have a Jack to get under the car at the moment and I don't have much money to buy a replacement starter motor (I work part time :( ).
I just need to get the little fella going so I can move it onto the drive lol.

·
Dr frankenstein
8,272 Posts
think Danny is Breaking his car, you could ask him a price on the starter.
failing that you can extract the starter and open it up to check the bushes, ring gear etc

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's a good shout.

I'll PM him now.. and i'll open it up and see what's happening with the one i got atm in the morning.

Thanks for the help/

1 - 20 of 24 Posts