All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my corsa b for about a year now from one not so careful owner,it a 2000 1.2 16v 5 door,never had a problem starting it,yet I've always thought the battery was slightly flatter than other cars. Yesterday when I got into the car it was taking over very slowly as if the battery was flat,alot of clicking was coming from the glove box,same problem after work but seemed slightly longer to get the car started. Took it home waited 2 hours and checked the battery voltage and it's normal,check the voltage to the starter and it's normal. Car started perfectly fine,so to be sure it was going to be ok this morning I unplugged the amp as I thought it might be a strain,I noticed while cranking over something put a drain on the battery.
Has anyone experienced this problem before or any suggestions of a possible solution?

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the diagnostic equipment and it's not showing any faults so it's leading me back to its an issue with the battery

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
does you amp have a remote lead into your head unit? if not, it sounds like it's always on and using up the batteries juice.

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
dead/dying starter. does it only do it when warm?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It only does it when the car hasn't been started in a while like over night or after work. Amp and sub are completely disconnected,it's taking longer to get one crank out of the car

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had the car 5months and I don't think the previous owned changed,I've a new battery and starter to put in tonight to see if it fixes it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having similar problem told was not the alternator needed new battery so got new battery was fine for a short time .for the last month and half been using jump starter to get car started some days it starts but more often than not doesn't interior light is as bright as it should be but doesn't start .its a corsa x reg 1 litre 12 valve the mechanic I use did mess about with the stereo wiring makes me wander if that could be draining the battery .would appreciate if anyone could post what the likely causes could be .

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sounds like a current leak.

Need to disconnect the positive terminal from the battery and put an ammeter in series with the battery terminal and the disconnected lead when everything is turned off. If the current flowing is more then a few milliamps you have a drain somewhere.

·
Banned
273 Posts
Firstly, clean battery terminals and clean the one that bolts to the starter motor too. Also clean the earth terminal that bolts to the engine bay. Use sandpaper etc to clean the terminals.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts