All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Keep the engine running when cleaning it and don't get the wand too close to the electricals.

Don't steam clean a hot engine either as it will strip the laquer/paint especially if you have used Gunk

·
Registered
75 Posts
same with jet-washing, make sure your engine is running, you may also need to keep some in the car to keep the revs up because if your distributer or sparkies get flooded, you'll have to wait a long time before you can drive the car, you'll have to wait until everything has dried up :laugh: im speaking from experience :p

·
Registered
121 Posts
lets just say my engoine was black and grimey when i got it , after a half hour steam cleaning it it came up lovely, well worth the effort

·
Registered
43 Posts
they look really nice when steam cleaned,

i havent done mine in a few months just wipe it over with a clean cloth now and again.

its due for another clean.

·
Registered
121 Posts
engine.jpg

cant really see from this pic nfortunately . . . . car was undergoing a "change at the time as well, notice the big self tapper on the air feed . . . . .lol

·
18,555 Posts
exactly i used polythene bags and cable ties to cover the induction kit and a few other ancilaries and electrical parts
I meant as in using bags over your induction kit will surely stop your engine running... I stop my RC Car engine by blocking the air filter, surely it works the same on big cars too?

·
Registered
611 Posts
i was just messing about ya mate :p

what you said originally was understandable, i was just trying to get a few laughs ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts