All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes get steam coming from my engine,is this a problem or is it just the heat of the car in the cold ect?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it only happens sometimes,just see a bit of steam coming throw the grill.Thought it was the radiator but not sure,might just get someone to check it over on monday in be on the safe side.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Pop your bonnet when you notice it coming out and try to narrow down where it's coming from. That way you will have a much better idea of what's causing it.

·
Registered
801 Posts
If its only on cold morning, could be damp / residue going down from bonnet / windscreen onto your engine as its heating up. Just an idea nonetheless!

·
Registered
497 Posts
I had this on my old car sometimes, if the engine was hot and it was raining, steam would come off the bonnet, didn't notice any coming through the grille though.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
could be somethnig or nothing, personally if its a wee bit of steam id part the car somewhere with a dry floor and let the car run and heat up untill the fan comes in, watch the temp gauge and when the fan comes on look under the car, i had the same problem with a 1400 corsa last week all it was was a wee daft hole in the radiator and was letting steam out when the car heated up but after a while it was leaving a river underneath it

d

·
Registered
670 Posts
ive had that before, my car really overheats regular for no reason, even when driving normally and not booting it

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
The guy he bought it off claimed it was done.
He got absolutely ripped off by Dave_A off Corsasport.
He sold it to Lee_H claiming it was mint, and it turned out it was a cat c or d writeoff.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
tut tut, iw ould have a look if not could be head gasket or actually is the fan kicking in? lol

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Fan kicks in really early for some reason.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I've not really had a look at it for him yet, always got some crap to do. Just got my GF's cousin's corsa to fix aswell. Petrol tanks leaking, rear cylinders leaking, and exhaust is held on with selotape :laugh:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I don't mind, I like to see the end results plus it gets me a bit of pocket money.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Aye, will have to in this weather lol. I'm gonna be freezing my backside off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
mine does that. wen it raining or cold steam comes off my bonnet. sometimes near where the windscreen wipers are.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts