All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i recently posted a thread about a vibration around the cam belt area i have checked my belt and it seems like it's ok but I may get it swapped over seeing as I don't know the last time it was replaced to be safe.

Anyway, the rattling in the engine bay i was told may be todo with water pump of some sort. The thing is I think it's the steering wheel or column as when the car is making a rattling noise if I grip the steering wheel it shuts up. the steering wheel can wobble slightly, about 5 degrees.

What should I do?
Is it that, or should I also get the water pump or whatever pump it was they said checked too?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Water pump should be done regardless, if its really noisey then it needs going, mine makes a bit of noise but not really that bad so i wont bother changing it yet. Your steering wheel shouldnt move like that, sounds like a knackered steering rack or column, it is quite common on corsas for the steering racks to go, i.e vibrating, heavy steering, sloppy etc. So yours might also need changing, i think its worth checking it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts