All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I posted a problem not long back about my Corsa misfiring when I start it up. It stopped for a while, then started again. I have new sparkplugs, new HT leads, & new distributor. The car was fully serviced not long back. So, I'm not sure what's up! I think it may be the damp getting in somewhere. Are there any sprays (aside from WD40) that remove moisture? Where would I need to spray? I think I may need to take it for a long blast to remove any moisture. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Dampstart used to be used on old cars but I've never used it so can't comment.

·
Registered
393 Posts
typical 8v mate, mine does it after its been raining (intake air too cold) or restarting after it hasn't warmed up fully.
check that the idle speed control valve tip is totally clean, this helps starting a lot and helps prevent against flooding during start-up.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
typical 8v mate, mine does it after its been raining (intake air too cold) or restarting after it hasn't warmed up fully.
check that the idle speed control valve tip is totally clean, this helps starting a lot and helps prevent against flooding during start-up.
Thank you :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Shouldnt the air temperature flap sort that problem out? because its diverting hot air (well more like warm air when its cold) from the exhaust manifold?

·
Registered
393 Posts
it can't do it in time clutch, by the time the exhaust manifold has gotten hot enough to provide hot air into the airbox, the fuel injection has already come off its 'choke' and gone into normal running mode. the hot air flap is really to help fuel vaporisation during engine warm-up in cold conditions.

it's the choke mode that causes a lot of flooding and misfiring problems at start-up because of the amount of time (30 seconds) it stays in this mode. if it floods and the engine dies, trying to restart it just puts it back into the choke mode, so even more fuel is being used.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts