All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'sup guys.
i noticed a weird whistling noise yesterday when accelerating down a hill onto motorway in 3rd but went soon as i put the car in 4th and it made the same noise later but again only in 3rd really have no idea what to look for theres no loose pipes or anything as far as i can see but not sure it would make that noise if there was a loose 1 anyway:confused:

any ideas on what to look for?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Could be a vacuum leak. Check all pipes for any corrosion. I would let the car warm up, then get a friend to rev the engine (Dont sit on redline, just fluctuate the revs) with the bonnet up and listen for anything.

Check your resevoir caps and things like that in the bay too.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Like i say, dont rev it really hard, just fluctuate from idle, to whereever it was making the noise

If not luck, report back and we'll go from there :)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turbo whistle :shocked:
similar actually i did think it was another car's turbo but then realised it wasn't

Clutch release bearing makes a sound like a small turbo spool.
might well be that then.

i couldn't get it make the noise again standing still but it did it when i was going along the road to town earlier :palm:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
went along the same bit of motorway towards brighton again today but no noise don't know what it's doing tbh:palm:

·
Banned
885 Posts
As you get (got) this when the throttle was well open ( you say accelerating), it is unlikely to be caused by a vacuum leak, as this would be most noticeable at idle speeds, when the manifold vacuum would be at its greatest.
As already said, it could be down to the clutch release bearing, but as you only got it in one gear (3rd), it might pay to check the oil level in the gearbox.
Regards.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As you get (got) this when the throttle was well open ( you say accelerating), it is unlikely to be caused by a vacuum leak, as this would be most noticeable at idle speeds, when the manifold vacuum would be at its greatest.
As already said, it could be down to the clutch release bearing, but as you only got it in one gear (3rd), it might pay to check the oil level in the gearbox.
Regards.
will do tomorrow

1 - 11 of 11 Posts