All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

Just quick question can you get a strut brace for a 1.2 corsa 8 valve not the injection model ?

Cheers

Stew.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
All corsa engines are injection, and yes you can get a strut brace for it

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Clutch I have tryed and I cant get 1 to fit the problem is the air box and the strut brace catches on it its for a merit do you know which 1 will fit then ?

·
Registered
696 Posts
iv got one one mine, but i was given it. it goes flat to go behind the antifreeze bottle. it does sit right ontop of the intake, but its bolted down well enough

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Matt I dont supose you have a picture of the strut braced fitted to your car do you as i have tryed 2 now and still with no luck.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I was looking at getting one, but is a strut brace really going to make any noticable difference to the cars handeling or are they more for looks

·
Registered
696 Posts
stewart tyhe one on the link i gave above is for the 8v!

and yes, huge amount of difference, if youve evewr tried to take a roundabout round the inside at reasonable speed youl notice the steering wheel shakes, youve got to hold it still. none of that with the brace, sticks well!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just fitted an E-tech strut brace to my Corsa, and there is a tonne of difference, and combined with 40mm lowering springs and G-max gas shocks and Toyo Proxes, my car handles beautifully now, poised, precise and a sh1t load of grip. Usually on the standard parts, the car rolls around corners, and any faster then 25 and you will lose grip and have a thudding feeling through the steering wheel.

·
Registered
68 Posts
^^^ And its such a cheap upgrade as well if you shop about, I paid £55 for mines. Just waiting on a set of drilled and grooved Evo sport disc brakes and pads, plus uprated brake hosing. Happy days:thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Think i might have to invest in one, seeing as there quite cheap and you guys are saying good things. Oh student loan, what would i do without it.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Lucky sod!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts