All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya ive just bought twin12" sony subs with a vibe amp and i need some help to fit it!!

Ive read some other threads and i understand that you in a standard wiring kit you have a blue wire (remote lead), red wire (power lead to thebattery), red and white lead (back of stereo), a black earth wire (connected to bare metal).

is this right?

Also will i be able to do this by myself? is it hard to feed the wires under the door sills and can i get any of the sills out to make it easier?

I still need to get a wiring kit, where's the best place to get one?

Thanks for any help, Will.

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
then you need phono cables to connect amp to stereo, rest was correct :D

halfords but they make crap wiring kits, go to a car audio shop if you can find one, or get one off the net, just make sure it can take more watts than your amp is or you will have issues!

and yeah its easy enough, take the sills out on both sides and run the cables under them, if you aint got the tools i bought a screwdriver from halfords with the correct head

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do the phono cables come in the wiring kit?

I think I have the right screwdriver its like a star shape? used it to take the panels out in the boot when doing my 6 x 9s.

What about the power cable to the battery, how do i do tht?

Sorry havent done this before but willing to learn :)

Thank you for your help!

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
usually they do yeah :) and yeah its like a star, they use it throguhout the car.

Power to the battery, there are many ways, some better than others! I have mine running down the wing and through the door, but I wouldn't recommend that as it looks messy and is potentially dangerous. The best way is to put it through the rubber grommit in the passenger footwell that leads to the engine bay. Run the cable then under the carpet to the boot or in the sill if you prefer.

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
usually they do yeah :) and yeah its like a star, they use it throguhout the car.

Power to the battery, there are many ways, some better than others! I have mine running down the wing and through the door, but I wouldn't recommend that as it looks messy and is potentially dangerous. The best way is to put it through the rubber grommit in the passenger footwell that leads to the engine bay. Run the cable then under the carpet to the boot or in the sill if you prefer.
I've run the cable through the carpet and through the rubber gromit. :thumbs_up: Best way really

1 - 6 of 6 Posts