All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all

i was planning on lowering my car 60 mm on monday with just springs. My dad came back yesterday and said he want me to get proper suspension including shocks to put on as he was worried about the handling.

i was thinking of getting a set i could adjust but dont have a clue what to get. price wise looking in the region of bout 250 maybe. (but not set in stone)

need to get them ordered asap so as many options as possible please ?

i suppose it will be better in a way becuase i was worried 60mm would be to low on the back so this way it can be adjusted properley.

cheers

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
£250 for adjustable suspension is a bit unlikely. If you're lucky you may be able to find a cheap setup on ebay.
Your dad is right though, handling is shocking when using only lowering springs. Ideally you need a decent sports suspension setup. You can pic up a fixed rate kit for around £200 which will be more than sufficient for what you need.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It's not height adjustable, only the dampening is adjustable.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know just asked the guy then lol fort it was quite cheap

dnt have a clue bout suspension lol

going down to tweeks now so hopefully will get some info and then i can find a reasonably priced set.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
ive got a gsi corsa fitted with an xe and at the moment im using gmax 60mm shocks and springs and its **** hot, its that good im going to leave off my avo coilovers

d

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
ive got a gsi corsa fitted with an xe and at the moment im using gmax 60mm shocks and springs and its **** hot, its that good im going to leave off my avo coilovers

d
Ive got 60mm Gmax on the fr0ont aswell and as above... they are so good ive got them on instead of my spax coilovers.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i been to tweeks and ordered a set of g-maxx fixed rate 40mm spings and dampers for 215 quid. not quite as low as i wanted but at least there no messing around.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Not too bad a choice.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeh im going to pick them up today but im gonna swap them for 50mm. modifying was never meant to be easy! :D

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
If you need help fitting them start a new thread in the right section and I'll try and help you out. The fixed rate kits are fairly easy to fit.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its booked into a garage to get them fitted but how easy is it to fit ( what tools do i need ) i was gonna pay 100 quid to get em fitted

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Couple of spanners or ratchets, trolley jack and axle stands. And a second pair of hands.
I think the sizes are 17mm and 13mm off the top of my head. They are really easy to fit. The worst you will come across is that the nuts are a bit tight to get off.
You can get a full rack of spanners from Argos for £19.99

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
£100 quid to fits not bad that like 25 bucks a corner, i usually charge 40 bucks per corner :)

on my gmax suspension ive got a 40mm kit but ive got 60mm springs fitted so that its low and i still have shortened shocks

d

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Spring compressors are always good to have, they made the job a hell of a lot quicker and easier when i did it. There not really expensive either only like 13.99 i think from screwfix or around that price.

Make sure u get some pics when you fitted them too!!! :D

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
You don't need spring compressors. They're for girls!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts