All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
i was just doing some thinking about my corsa speedo head, and wondered if i would be able to remove the vauxhall tigra speedo head and fit it in my corsa,
My corsa only has a fuel, temp, and speedo gauge, no rev counter... (its an X10XE engine)
Now things im worried about is stuff like would it fit?
Does my engine have the capability to use a rev counter??
Would it even be worth it??

The reson for this post is that my cars running a little rough so there fore would like a new speedo head so i could see the revs and monitor them when idling because it sounds like there a little low, as well as the car shaking quite a lot when idling, is this due to only being a 3 Cyl?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what speed does each speedo start at? they both have to be the same.
well my corsa is a 1.0 3cyl, when its off the needle rests on the peg, but when the cars running, but stood still, the needle lifts up to 2mph?
Im not sure about the tigras?

Would it be possible to just get another speedo head and replace it with the one i have, but just with the extra addition of a rev counter?
or would it not work because of something not being there?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I'm not sure if they made a 3cyld with a rev counter or not. You need to make sure that it's of a car with 3 cyld aswell or it won't work. Sounds like you have an electric speedo so make sure the one you get starts at 0 and not 10

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure if they made a 3cyld with a rev counter or not. You need to make sure that it's of a car with 3 cyld aswell or it won't work. Sounds like you have an electric speedo so make sure the one you get starts at 0 and not 10
Ah right ok, so i can get another one but make sure its from another 3 cyl then?
and i will do thanks, just gotta hope theres something out there! lol
Would you reccommend places like scrap yards and stuff?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the 1L do shake alot when idling becouse they arent a balanced engine
Do they really?
Well thats just abit of a stupid idea isnt it? lol

Dont suppose there would be a way to balance it?
I know if you slightly raise the idle speed it stops the shake?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Do they really?
Well thats just abit of a stupid idea isnt it? lol

Dont suppose there would be a way to balance it?
I know if you slightly raise the idle speed it stops the shake?
well it is a vauxhall hahahah
yeah all 1L are the same even the new corsa Ds
yeah when you raise the revs it stops lol

·
Registered
588 Posts
you can still do it if its cable,,not sure if its a straight fit because im sure you have to fit one extra wire to the loom but it does work,well a hope so mine hasnt arrived yet to fit should be here monday,,but i have a fully electric speedo and rev counter if anyone needs one,i bought it thinking brilliant then i realised i have a cable speedo

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think mine's all electronic? because there are no wires behind it? lol
How do you tell which is cable or electric?

·
Registered
588 Posts
well once you take all the screws out of the electric speedo it should just come out in your hand and only leaves block with the wires it was fitted to.if you take all the screws out of a cable speedo you can only pull it out so far and have to put you hand in the back to disconnect the cable

hope this helps

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well once you take all the screws out of the electric speedo it should just come out in your hand and only leaves block with the wires it was fitted to.if you take all the screws out of a cable speedo you can only pull it out so far and have to put you hand in the back to disconnect the cable

hope this helps
Ahh thanks!
Well i have an electric one then, because i just pull it straight out with out the need of fiddling with other things..
would it be possible to replace my speedo head with a different one that has a rev counter??

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Ahh thanks!
Well i have an electric one then, because i just pull it straight out with out the need of fiddling with other things..
would it be possible to replace my speedo head with a different one that has a rev counter??
yeah it would just be a straight swop if its electric

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Ok. Let me list it as you ask the same question more then once and I have also answered them all once.
1. The speedos need to start at the same number 10 or 0 if 0 it's nice and easy just swaps straight out.
2. It needs to be of another 3cyld corsa not sure about the valves
3. Upgrade the bulbs whilst you do it so less effort later on

1 - 20 of 22 Posts