All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right my system is stil basically just my Pioneer 6700 HU (still not even earthed my ipod thing!). Iv had infinity comps sitting in my house for months and I might sell them.

I checked out my mates system today which is a Pioneer 5 something HU, JBL GTO amp (which I told him to get) and JBL sub. It was a package. The guy who fitted it wouldnt fit the 6x9s saying hes shelf wouldnt handle it and to get components instead (which I told him) Listening to it though it sounded too much base and it drowned out the song.

Im looking for general better quality but really doubt I will be amping it soon unless amps come down alot. My sound is fine on good quality tracks but my favourite songs are poor quality Mp3's. E.g. this new Bassline mix cd thats in at the mo. It's Ok i supposed up to about 45 on the volume. In my mates car it was just bass and drowned at the song.

Im just wondering what to do. Will components make a difference? Should I put the infinities in or sell and put some others in? I also wonder if sound proofing would imrpove the sound quality.

Thanks alot (and how should I earth my ipod adaptor by the way?)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
soundproof doesnt improve quality it just quieten down outside noise etc.

You already asked this question in your other thread, and i will answer it again with the same answer yes the speakers will be better quality, stop flappin around and just fit them! they been sitting their for months! it not a hard job and if you fit them you can tell yourself if they are better qaulity or not. Btw what was the point of buying them in the first place? :confused:

You mate is a classic case of turning the fader right to the back, so the speakers will be quiet and bass louder, if its not, then its simply the case of turn the fader to the front so more sound is come out of speakers rather than the sub

·
Registered
497 Posts
Or just turn the gain on the bass amp down, mine was set to the highest level by default when I first got it lol. Fit one side of the new components and move the balance from one side to the other and you will hear the difference in quality instantly as one side is standard and the other is the new comps.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Sound deadening definately improves quality, check out www.talkaudio.co.uk, that is the best sight there is to talk about car audio! If you have a search on there or ask people will tell you more than what people can tell you no here:)

·
Registered
447 Posts
imagine sound deadening as a wall. Its keeps inside noise inside the car, and out side noise out side of the car. The more layers you use, the thicker the wall is. The more of the car you cover, the less holes are in the wall. (only 3 layers max for an SPL com i think)

With that bugget of info you should be able to answer your own questions mate.

When people build sealed boxes, its not unusual to have a lya of deadening on the fac opposite the sub :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
447 Posts
If you dont want your infinity components i will buy them off u

or swap them for a set of alpine type s
Please keep personal talk to PM mate, and if you have Alpine Type S comps for sale, feel free to post in Parts For Sale

1 - 7 of 7 Posts