All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, how easy is it to fit a tachometer to a corsa b?because mine doesnt has one and i would really like.easy for a novice??guides?

·
Registered
696 Posts
a tacho is a speedo, you mean a rev counter? just wires up to the ignition coil, or theres a green wire that runs behind your dash :)

cue more detailed explanations

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
i thought a speedo was a speedo, a rev count was a rev count and a tachomete was them things truck drivers have? like a bit of paper called tachograph or something, that goes into the tachomete, and it gets punched everytime you have your legally required "tacho break"
or have i been bull****ted to by james again matt? lol

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
anyway as matt said there might be a wire running behind the dash if not will have to wire it up but its not impossible

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
You don't need to take the full dash off, just the clocks. It's just a case of dismantling the clock surround and pulling it out. Look for all the screws around it. It's like a jigsaw, you will have to remove certain pieces before others become reachable.

Deathscythe will probably be able to tell you how to wire up a rev gauge. He's our walking haynes manual.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
remove the cowling round the steering wheel, then the border round the clocks, then the clocks, its all star screws, theres a metal hook at the top of the clocks flick it up and the clocks will pop forward, unplug them and look at the multi plug if you have a solid green wire on the plug then its a straight swop over, i believe its pin 17 or 18 if not then take the footwell cover off and check at the ecu, if you have it at the ecu then its a case of running the wire up the dash and linking it up, other then that link it to take a pulse off he coil which is the more messy route but problem is most corsas came with coil packs

d

·
Registered
325 Posts
Corsa C's have a rev counter as standard

if i had a corsa b, i wouldnt really go into great lengths to get one

there only good at showing u when to change gears or ragging your car etc...

apart from that most of the time the needle idles just below 1000 revs when u are at a set of traffic lights

·
Registered
5 Posts
remove the cowling round the steering wheel, then the border round the clocks, then the clocks, its all star screws, theres a metal hook at the top of the clocks flick it up and the clocks will pop forward, unplug them and look at the multi plug if you have a solid green wire on the plug then its a straight swop over

d
Hi guys, in need of a bit of help here. I got to the part of takin the steering colum bits off, and the black surrounding fascia of the clocks, but i cant seem to get the clocks out enough in order to detach the cables, i can lift it up and see the plug bit at the bottom, but i cant detach the speedo cable away from it, any ideas ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorted, i dared my self and tugged on the speedo cable, i heard something snap and i soiled my self, turned out to be that the cable was being restricted in length due to it being tie wrapped onto another cable :confused: anybody else had this prob.

Fitted the clocks, the rev counter does not work, doesnt look like i have the green wire i was told to look out for. Enquired at the garage and have quoted me £40plus for them to fit a receiving end plug (block that ur clocks go into in the dash) and connect it to the ecu. :eek:

Any cheaper ways of doing it ? :eek:

Thanks in advance

1 - 13 of 13 Posts