All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thing that has to annoy me the most when i am driving is Tail Gating :mad: as i do care about all the work and time and money i have put into my corsa i choose to stick to the speed limits and obviosuly not drive like a lunatic. Many people see my car and think "Boy Racer" which i understand and can see why they would expect me to be speeding.

Lately ive had every T***SSER in Bolton tail gating me so now i just either slow down to really annoy them or just tap on my breaks and they tend to slow down and drop right back!

Does anyone else have this problem and if so how do they deal with it?

P.s i dont drive like a granny i just moan like one :laugh:

·
Registered
542 Posts
i deal with it by showing a couple of fingers, and driving really slowly on purpose - its so much fun too look at them in the rear view mirror as ur going along slowly haha

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
Yup I get that all the time as well, mostly I will drive at the speed limit, but if someone wants to sit right up my arse I will just let my foot off and sit under it to annoy them further!

Then drop a gear subtly as we get towards a higher limit and floor it... to the limit of course!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
its stupid really because the speed limit is there for a reason, everynight i always go the same way home, and its a 30 so i was doing 30 yesterday infact and had this d**khead in a volvo c30 come racing up behind me and theres me tootling along looked in my rearview mirror glared athim and carried on, go to a corner (just before the hill) (webbo & firends know about that hill), dropped into 2nd adn floored it obvsily he wasnt expecting it so he didnt catch me up until i turned into my road just does my head in, but usually i just slam my brakes on then im in the wrong :mad:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I had this chav boy tailgating me on some really narrow streets. I started travelling really slow and the slammed my brakes on. That scared him and he stopped staying so close then. It'd be his fault if he went into the back of me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
hmmm, i get this too, i normally get progressively slower and then pull over when approaching a speed camera so i can laugh when they baz past me and then get a speeding ticket.

·
Registered
542 Posts
It'd be his fault if he went into the back of me.
only prob with that is they probably wont have insurance, or will drive off, cause its always the chavs who seem to tailgate, and round here, non of them have insurance

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
only prob with that is they probably wont have insurance, or will drive off, cause its always the chavs who seem to tailgate, and round here, non of them have insurance
If they crash hard enough into the back of you & their car stops running, then they've got no choice but to stop :laugh:

·
Registered
713 Posts
i tend to do the same, slow right down, maybe even drop a gear or two, then i either tap my brakes or flash my fogs on, if ive got my lights on, and if i do flick the fogs on then off i wait for them to suddenly slam their brakes on and i put my foot down, pull away from them then wait and see what happens. one guy kept on doing it so the third time i full on went with the brakes. soon sh*t himself when i actually slowed down infront of him lol

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
i really dont see why people slam there brakes on or drive really slowly there just asking for road rage.i dont tail gate people generally just when you get idiots doing 20 odd im a 30 at night or doing 50 in the out side lane of a clear motorway.:mad: it does make me laugh tho when you go to over take an they accelerate to try stop you coming in but carnt keep up.:laugh:

·
Registered
713 Posts
if your being tailgated, it even says so somewhere (or recommends) to increase the gap between yourself and the car infront by slowing down, one of the questions in the theory test im sure.so thats one reason.

as for people doing that, incorrect use of the motorway is really annoying, like doing 60-65 in the middle lane and not using the inside lane at all even tho theres no one in it. that really annoys me.

"oh no mustnt drive in that lane its the slow lane." idiots its the normal driving lane with two overtaking lanes, remember having an argument with one of my mates about that lol he was adamant he was right until i proved him wrong:laugh:

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
i really dont see why people slam there brakes on or drive really slowly there just asking for road rage.i dont tail gate people generally just when you get idiots doing 20 odd im a 30 at night or doing 50 in the out side lane of a clear motorway.:mad: it does make me laugh tho when you go to over take an they accelerate to try stop you coming in but carnt keep up.:laugh:
same mate, i tail gate conts that cant do the limit.

i dont get people tail gate me because i always do about 5mph over the limit. i couldnt stick to 30 would do my nut.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts