All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
On the interior of my tailgate, just below the glass rubber, there's a strange looking plastic clip (with the tailgate closed, it sits just above the centre of the parcel shelf).
Has anyone got any idea what it's for?
Is it for an optional extra that was available when the car was new, or maybe to hold some wiring in place - maybe for a high level brake-light?
I've noticed them on a few cars (different makes/models).
Oh, my car is a '98 1.4 Breeze.
Any input would be much appreciated!

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
i always wondered this. never found out what it was though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i always assumed it was for roller type thing instead of a shelf

but then again that wouldnt make sense as it lifts up when the boot opens
'Tonneau cover'? Would be fine in a big estate car - in a Corsa, a coat would hide everything!
:laugh:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah true man i really wanna know what its for now:laugh: might call my local vauxhall garage tomorrow
let me know if they know please.

Reactions: steve85

·
Registered
420 Posts
craig55 said:
Thought it was to prevent the shelf from rattling
dannyboy17 said:
this is what i thought as well
^^ This.

The clip holds the shelf down while driving. Otherwise whenever a careless driver drove off a tall kerb or went over a speed hump at 20+mph the shelf would flap up and hit the back window.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^ This.

The clip holds the shelf down while driving. Otherwise whenever a careless driver drove off a tall kerb or went over a speed hump at 20+mph the shelf would flap up and hit the back window.
Nah, sorry Dude. It's Vauxhall we're talking about here. A thick bit of cheap foam I can imagine. A specialized plastic clip - erm NO!!!!!! The parcel shelf wouldn't hit the back window anyways - it would arc past it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nah, sorry Dude. It's Vauxhall we're talking about here. A thick bit of cheap foam I can imagine. A specialized plastic clip - erm NO!!!!!! The parcel shelf wouldn't hit the back window anyways - it would arc past it. :rolleyes:
It does hit the back window :thumbs_up:

I once overloaded the boot so that the parcel shelf was held up by the stuff, tried to shut the tailgate and it hit it on the way down.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It does hit the back window :thumbs_up:

I once overloaded the boot so that the parcel shelf was held up by the stuff, tried to shut the tailgate and it hit it on the way down.
Just drove back from west coast of Scotland, with overloaded boot. Yep, you were right about the shelf striking the rear glass :palm:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bump

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
why are you bumping it? we have already told you what its for
the answers seemed a bit speculative. I bumped it back up to see if there were any other suggestions.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
To stop shelf rattling

Reactions: turbelf
1 - 20 of 20 Posts