All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a corsa C 2003 Okay so I've had a reconditioned engine put in my car it's only a 3 cylinder 12V. Now I have always noticed a ticking noise coming from the drivers side of then engine (with the old engine and this newer one) however as time has gone by the tapping noise seems to be getting louder the more I press the accelerator however when I'm not pressing the accelerator it stops. Also on the oil cap there is quite alot of creamy coloured gunk which is also in the dipstick shaft. Is this really bad? I've been told maybe be tappets need replacing? I've had a new timing chains and head gasket put it. PLEAS HELP!

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
those engines are usually noisy anyway due to the chain, but also the tappets make a bit of a noise, do you do many short journeys?
i would clean all gunk of, take breather pipes off and give them a clean as gunk usually goes in there too and take rocker cover off and clean in there, then service it with thicker oil see how that goes

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Have you checked
Oil?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
those engines are usually noisy anyway due to the chain, but also the tappets make a bit of a noise, do you do many short journeys?
i would clean all gunk of, take breather pipes off and give them a clean as gunk usually goes in there too and take rocker cover off and clean in there, then service it with thicker oil see how that goes
I do a lot of short journeys everyday probably about 15 miles a day and short city driving. I have erm cleanin the gunk off and it just come back been told its the moisture.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Giving it a good run will help it, just keep an eye on it and keep a eye on coolant level
As in a good motorway drive? My coolant seems good topped it up a couple of weeks ago because of the cold weather and just checked now and it's just below the marker.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts