All Corsa Forum banner

Tax Codes

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  corsasi 
#1 ·
Well its the end of the working Tax year (is it not??) and alot of us get our tax codes changed so we earn a little more each year.

Sadly this isn't the case, I have been on 'BR' which is emergency tax since August last year, I'm getting taxed minimum £300 a month where as others on an larger salary than me are getting taxed £180-200 a month.

I had hoped that end of April I would have gotten a rebate and a new Tax Code, sadly no new Tax Code... still on 'BR' and can't get to the tax office as I can't leave work early tonight

Bit of a rant and rave on here, to let of some steam as I'm seriously annoyed at the moment. Anyway... rant over, and hopefully this bird I'm on hold to from the tax office may help me a little.

nova and out :mad:

#2 ·
Can you not ring them to sort it out?

#9 ·
iv been on a BR code aswell mate, thats cos my new emloyer didnt do anything when i gave him my p45, but i foned the tax office and they said when i get my p60 through sometime this month, il get it all back, they owe me bout 700 quid, sounds like coilovers and wheels refurbing to me :D

#6 ·
After 45 mins on the phone, i have to wait for my P60 to arrive.. then send it off to Sheffield, where they'll calculate how much I should of being paying, hopefully I will have being paying more - So I can expect a rebate in a couple of weeks.

Now... do I either pay a chunk of my loan off on the car, or perhaps buy a new Hybrid CT9 turbo ;) CHOICES! (Will have to consult the parents, lol)

#7 ·
The sensible side of me says the loan. But where's the fun in that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.