All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing lots of reading of posts on running temps. I have recently changed my stat because I thought it was running a little cool. The car gets up to 89 on the motorway and sticks there but when just doing 30 or 40 it runs around 83 to 85. I know the gauges may reader cooler but is this normal temperature behavior to rise and fall? Ta

1.2 16v

·
Registered
123 Posts
Corsa B's cooling system is brilliant, too good infact, mine used to sit just under 90c (according to Opcom thats about 72c) so I blanked the front grill off and a bit at the bottom, sits about 2/3 in the gauge now :)

Rather have it at running temp as it goes through a noticable amount of fuel when its not up to temp.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
:/

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mines a C. It sat around 83 all the time before the stat change, do they rise and fall a bit as normal?

I have op-com coming. Hopefully I can get a temp reading from that

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Basically yes - they do tend to rise and fall. All the ones I've had have done it. Whereas my Vectra for example never varies - in traffic the Corsa gauge rises rapidly, the Vectra just sits there.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Basically yes - they do tend to rise and fall. All the ones I've had have done it. Whereas my Vectra for example never varies - in traffic the Corsa gauge rises rapidly, the Vectra just sits there.
if you turn turn the heather on it should drop quickly

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Of course it will

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
I'm saying of course it will.. I know it works, it's obvious haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts