All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amazingly cheap insurance in comparison to all the others I got (both online and direct). Cheapest I could find on comparison sites for my Corsa (1998 1.4 8v Breeze) fully comp was £1240 with Admiral, excess £250.

Being 22 years of age doesn't help, but since receiving a 35-day driving ban 3 years ago, getting insured just hasn't seemed worth it. Luckily, the missus drives a '10 plate Audi TT leased and insured via the NHS, which was surprisingly cheap to get me insured as a named driver on. So I've been able to claim 2 years NCB (with written confirmation from her insurers, of course!) which A&A kindly took into consideration.

I've managed to get a quote for £854, fully comp, excess £350. Sure my excess is £100 more than the other quotes, but they're saving me a good £400 a year so I'm not complaining!

Very pleasant people on the other end of the phone, too. Couldn't recommend them highly enough.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do they allow any car modifications lol?
Wouldn't know mate, I haven't declared any yet as the only "modifications" I've done are drilling the airbox and fitting a sound system. Once I start doing proper mods (and when I get some alloys) I'll have to declare those, so I'll let you know then ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
the **** is A&A!?
Exactly what I thought when I was looking into getting a quote! But they're underwritten by Aviva, and have their logo on all documentation, so I feel pretty safe with them.

Was forwarded on to them as a preferred partner via Swinton, of whom I was forwarded on to via Admiral, when I told both that their quotes were too high for a 1.4 8v Corsa and that I refused to pay so much when I'd been safely driving around in a TT for the last two years. Lol.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I'm inured with them and they are helpful on the phone - IF you can get through to them.
Using there 08XX phone number I was always on hold for around 40 minutes, so clled their 01XXX number and got through staight away everytime.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm inured with them and they are helpful on the phone - IF you can get through to them.
Using there 08XX phone number I was always on hold for around 40 minutes, so clled their 01XXX number and got through staight away everytime.
I refuse to dial 08XX numbers from the outset so always try and find the geo aternative on saynoto0870, probably why I've thought the service good! Interesting to know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts