All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well first of all let me thank you all for attending. It was nice to see some familiar faces as well as meet a few new people. Now lets not sugar coat it or hide the fact this was Allcorsas' worst show! stuck in the mud bath in the arse end of the pod. The heavy rain, sleet, hailstone snow and wind kind of ruined it for all. No strip action at all. show cars were covered in mud and everyone spirits were little bit dampened. I tried to keep spirits up through out the morning , promising that the sun will come out any moment. Mark was having non of it, and unfortunately he was correct to doubt me.

Was good to meet the new people and I hope this experience wont put you off attending future shows, I can assure you, they are usually a lot more fun than that. I definitely think we need to invest in some shelter for the future.

For once we had no major faults with cars, except for a mysterious steam coming from my bay, yet couldnt see where it was coming from, and on the way home, in the rain my wind screen wipers decieded to give up on me, which made my journey a little interesting.

For Those of you who weren't around when I mentioned it. For the last 3/4 years me and Sam have been National organisers for Allcorsa. We have both truely enjoyed every minute of it, and I think we have done a pretty good job, for two unorganised people, we always manage to pull it off. Anyway at the end of this year we will both be stepping down from our positions. So the Christmas meal will be our last official meet that we organise for Allcorsa. So we ask you all that you help us make this year a very good year for shows and events, as we would really like to go out with on a high.

Again thank you all for attending. Hopefully we can make PVS a lot more successful.

Samo.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Not you aswell!

The steam is from the water on floor burning!

You done a good job getting people to
A show we don't normally go to. Weather is shit, but not down to anybody

Shit day, would go again just for hot dog

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Me and dave

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Hot dogs were bad ass, it's the worst show I've been to and I've been to nearly all of allcorsas shows! But I did have a lot of fun in the mud sliding the mr2 around etc.

Apologies to Ellie for absolutely plastering her car with mud from it, I didn't think it would be quite that effective. I had to laugh but honestly sorry about that! I'll clean your next car at pvs if its sunny lmao.

Sam and Samo are stepping down yes, it's been expected for a little while now though, thanks to both of you for doing what you've done up until this point. Allcorsa wouldn't be what it is today without you,

To the new people at this show, benny, Craig etc, please don't let this put you off of pvs or Trax. That was not a show, that was a mud bath... Honestly the worst conditions at a show I've ever seen!

Thankyou to all for an enjoyable day still, nice one chaps :)

Dave

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Not you aswell!

The steam is from the water on floor burning!

You done a good job getting people to
A show we don't normally go to. Weather is shit, but not down to anybody

Shit day, would go again just for hot dog
Spot on - I had the chilli dog foot long. £4 - how cheap is that?! Best breakfast ever.

And yes Samo, it was by far the worst show I have been to, and I got maybe 3 pictures the entire day. Kind of dissapointed because all the running about I done at the last minute to attend and getting all the new camera gear and didnt even touch it once.

Anyways, as said, weather cant be blamed on anyone.

Turn out was surprisingly shocking, was a little miffed that yet again CS gets a nice big tarmac area but they always have a pretty decent turnout and we had maybe 7 cars on the stand when I arrive and counted.

Anyways, I dont think that the mebers who attended would be willing to drive half way across the country just to see some cars.
In my opinion, the biggest reason that everybody comes to these shows is the social side of things and for the banter. If you picked out a 10 random members that have been to a national event, only 1 or 2 of them would say they would have done the journey knowing that nobody would be there.

All in all - shit weather, great day, and yet again flawless organising.
Will be sad to bid farewell but I'm sure you will both be going onto better things
(Psssst - I head CS are hiring.....)

Reactions: Sam

·
Registered
440 Posts
Never the less i enjoyed it, it was nice to meet those of you that came and i certainly won't be put off, i will be attending PVS and am up for camping? as long as im the the only one this time :palm: ...

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Oh, and I'd suggest that if you ever want to show with AC to go pvs or Trax, as this club is unfortunatly probably going to be non existent at shows after they finish

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Some pictures of today,.. Erm...

My artwork on Ellie's rear end :/ of her car...

Was about 3-4" deep of mulched up mud, directly infront of and around our stand area

On the way out, not so deep here, fun though...

Uk's finest... Yeh I'll go along with that... Thanks UK. You ****!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Wont be put off see you all pvs was good to meet you all thought benny was diamonds all day aswell lol
yeah you only found out about 20 minutes before you left :laugh:

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
:laugh:

I don't have the patience for it tbh

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Result - good news for everyone

However, as a gesture of goodwill, Santa Pod has decided to offer all ticket holders a free return visit to Santa Pod this year with a choice of 3 forthcoming events. We will throw open the doors to either The Street Nationals (May 11th/12th) or God of the Pod (Sat Aug 17th) or JapShow Finale (Sept 28th/29th). Club areas will made be available at Street Nationals on a first come first served basis.

Advance ticket holders from The Fast Show should register for their free tickets by contacting the Box Office directly on (01234) 782828 to reserve tickets. Gate ticket holders should hold on to their Fast Show tickets and present them at any of the offered events on arrival.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:0 i knew people had complained, but thats an awfully large gesture! I vote we have a club stand at the street nationals in may, free entry to all who were at fast show, job done. Woo.
Im happy to organise this if we have the interest

·
Registered
9,928 Posts

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Up for going too

1 - 20 of 189 Posts