All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
Like hundreds before I'm raising the common question about the wet drivers footwell on the Corsa C.
99% of people say its the brake servo seal but just thought I'd check a few things.
The car has been sat in the rain today ( not driven ) and there is literally a pool of water now in the drivers footwell.
I tried to pour buckets of water into the bulkhead around the brake servo to see where it's coming in.
I crammed myself into the footwell with a torch and shined upwards above the pedals....I can't see any sign of water coming in at all.
Does this mean it could be coming in from somewhere else.....could this much water really fill the footwell in one day through the servo seal.
Any help appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am having the same problem on my Corsa B.
However - get this - my car is LHD and the water ingress is still on MY driver's side.
This could give credence to the servo seal - as that is obviously on the "driver's" side.
Anyone got any other ideas ?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi

I had this problem a couple of years ago with my corsa C. I have a friend whos brother is a mechanic and we all spent 5 hours trying to find the leak. Sods law - it didn;t leak no matter what we did. We got a pressure washer all over it, got a hose pouring over it, directed water with a watering can in all the places we could and it simply would not leak.

Prior to us doing this it was very intermittant as to whether it would leak or not. Sometimes I would get into it after non stop rain and nothing would be there, Whereas over times it would be full of water after a light shower. I put it down to the direction of the rain and wind in the end.

As we couldn't pin point the leak, we sealed everthing that we could. We had the brake server off and gaffer taped and sealed all we could. About 2 days later it rained and leaked again!!!

I have ended up drilling a couple of holes in the floor at the lowerst point so if it leaks now it runs straight out of the footwell. THe only problem now is that there is no carpet in the drivers side which is a real shame as the rest of the car has been really well looked after. The car mat covers it up so cannot see thetreis no carpet in from the outside.

I contacted vauxhall as I had found a number of people had this problem and they said they had never heard of the problem!! Yeah right!!

If only it would have leaked in the 5 hours we were looking for the leak then it may have been fixed. Sometimes I get in the car and the underside of the mat is wet but it goes unnoticed now as it drains straight out of the holes in the floor.

I would be interested to know if you find the leak and I wish you more luck finding it than I had.

·
Registered
20 Posts
one of the previous posters said that because mine was wet both front & rear, then he suspected it could be the door seal. I doubted this but in fairness, the drivers side door (on mine the left side) was a bit looser on the catch than the other (the good) side - so I tightened up the catch and - hey presto it does seem to have stopped the leak. My car is a Corsa B but I guess yours will exhibit the same characteristics.
When the doors are closed, push from the outside and see if the door on the offending side moves in lore that the other. If so move the securing catch in a little.
Let me know eh
cheers
geoff

·
Registered
56 Posts
I checked that with mine by pouring water all down the seal but didn;t leak. You could physically see the water trickling down from above the pedals when it was leaking. My rear drivers side was wet too as it just runs straight through the front to the back filling up all the sound proofing as it goes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where's the brake servo. In the foot well or bonnet. I have same problem. When I pour water on my roof it trickles down the roof trim under behind the windscreen
. Should I just mastic this all up?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I *think* mine is ok now after adjusting the door - but I am not quite sure.
Many people have said the brake servo seal is the problem. This would make sense as you are having problems on your driver's side (RHS) and I am having (or was having - I'm not sure) problems on my driver's side (LHS).
(the reason I am not sure is that I have not used the car much lately. It has sat out in the rain though and with no ingress of water - although I know that some of these problems only arise whilst the car is in motion).
All I can say with certainty is that after adjusting the door, it does not get wet inside when parked.
regards
geoff
Regards
geoff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts