All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm going to take my girlfriend away for a few days to stay in London (kind of a holiday, but not...)

What is there that we should do around London in our time? Asking you lot because most of you aren't from this area, so will have ideas of what touristy kind of things to do! We're going for around 4 days....

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
Safety Tips:
Keep your phones hidden...
keep your wallets in back pockets...
try not to use Night buses.. and if you get on a bus.. sit downstairs :p

Touristy Things:
Visit the London Eye takes like 30 minutes or something but is meant to be a good experience.
There is now the o2 Arena (The Millenium Dome) which has like a cinema etc inside.
General walk around town, go to covent garden, camden etc all an experience. just remember to keep everything hidden.. the pickpockets are good :p

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Don't go to London come to the West Midlands! :D Birmingham :laugh:

Naa.. if you like art, the Tate Gallery is really fun. :thumbs_up:

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol. I'm safe around London, worked there for a few years, but because of that I'm pretty ignorant of the tourist side of things!

Planning the London eye deffinatly! had forgotten about the o2, will look into that closer to the time see whats going on there!

Cheers everyoen so far :D

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Safety Tips:
Keep your phones hidden...
keep your wallets in back pockets...
try not to use Night buses.. and if you get on a bus.. sit downstairs :p

Touristy Things:
Visit the London Eye takes like 30 minutes or something but is meant to be a good experience.
There is now the o2 Arena (The Millenium Dome) which has like a cinema etc inside.
General walk around town, go to covent garden, camden etc all an experience. just remember to keep everything hidden.. the pickpockets are good :p
Worst thing you can do is put your wallet in your back pocket, this should explain why clicky.

Anyway I would recommend the Dungeons, normally a good laugh in them.

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
Worst thing you can do is put your wallet in your back pocket, this should explain why clicky.

Anyway I would recommend the Dungeons, normally a good laugh in them.
In central london you are correct, but in little estate areas it's better because the bloke is less likely to touch your bum :p

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha, wallet in the front pocket ;) no one wants to go there, to much potential for pocket billiards ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
The museums are free now and you can spend hours looking around them, science museum, natural history museum in kensington as well as Harrods, V&A, as well, The west end, soho, Oxford st, is a few minutes walk from covent garden, china town is good for a gander also.

All depends on where your OH wants to go.

Leave the car at home and do the buses or tube though on day zone passes !

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Leave the car at home
Yeah will definatly be leaving the car at home! I think most the time will be spent on Oxford Street if it was up to her :rolleyes:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've got a wife and 2 teenage daughters. We are up in London every couple of months, and I usually head for the nearest internet cafe whilst they go clothes shopping - its like hell on wheels, i'd rather peel off my fingernails than drag around looking at shoes and tops:rolleyes:

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha, done it before ;) i've spent too much time around london to suffer from any rubbish like pickpockets

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm more than happy to take them on ;) wouldnt be the first or last time!

(check my profile for my occupation ;))

1 - 20 of 33 Posts