All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi peoples, same as title really, im thinking of getting a new car and am torn between the corsa c or the corsa d looked at clio's but i cant bare to not have another vaux!! anyway im just wanting to know what are they both like to drive and whats better for money? cheers, :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have had a P Reg Rover 220 turbo diesel a 51 Plate Renault Laguna 1.6 and 2 Corsa's so far a 51 plate Corsa Comfort and the car I replaced that one with a 54 plate Corsa SXi. I have to say my favourite car to drive has most definately been the Corsa which is why, I recently sold my Corsa C SXi 1.2, in a bid to upgrade to the New corsa D. The Corsa C well I absolutely loved it, don't do much motorway driving at all so I didn't find that the small engine struggled. I found it to be very nippy and fun to drive. On the other hand I'm hoping I haven't made a boob, but as I said I have actually got a New corsa D on order. Haven't even done a test drive in one. I'm just hoping I'll love it as much as my previous SXi.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Haven't even done a test drive in one. I'm just hoping I'll love it as much as my previous SXi.
:confused: I would never buy a car without taking one for a test drive first, but from what ive heard they are great cars, and its a Corsa so i'll let you off LOL :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry guys sounds like I've totally *ollock*ed things up then, Corsa D's don't seem too popular here. Never mind In my own little world I'm sure I'll love it. Gone for the VXR Kit and 17" ally upgrades and sunroof don't know why, its got aircon so its probably a waste of cash, but I thought it looked good and as you don't see many of the D's around with the sunroof I thought it would make it that bit different from the norm. I'm just waiting for the slatering.. go on I can take it.

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
it's up to personal choice in the end really. people will get used to the new corsa just like they d o with every other car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for that, I don't feel much love on this forum for the Corsa D at the moment, but I'll brave out the comments. Perhaps you may be right people 'ell come around when they get more popular. Bought myself a private plate for it as well, shame the bloody car hasn't arrived yet.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
gonna get a corsa c whats best, 1.4 16v or 1.2 sxi? cheers, :)
1.3cdti or 1.7cdti

Thanks for that, I don't feel much love on this forum for the Corsa D at the moment, but I'll brave out the comments. Perhaps you may be right people 'ell come around when they get more popular. Bought myself a private plate for it as well, shame the bloody car hasn't arrived yet.
Actually my mam has a corsa D; its got its bad points but is still a good car, stick around not everyone dislikes them.

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
i think its just not many people have grown accustomed to the new design, as many users of Allcorsa own corsa b's and the corsa d is bigger and very different. however i didnt like corsa C's but now i do, so give it time when more D's come on the forums more people will like em :)

·
Registered
713 Posts
as everyone is saying, its down to personal taste, if you like corsa d and getting one then who cares what others think really, myself i cant say im a fan of the d, but i out that down to not liking any new vauxhall apart from the new astra, which is ok, cos theyve made radical changes to the whole range of cars. same as other manufacturors have done likewise.

doubt people are going to slate you for choosing a corsa d (well i hope people dont) cos at the end of the day, its still a corsa :thumbs_up: give it time when newer members with a d comes along and will gradually get used to them

·
Registered
713 Posts
i love diesel's now, gettin almost as good as some petrol equivalents, if you do go for a diesel though, make sure its got a turbo of some kind otherwise theyre just pants,

take aaaaaaaaages to build up power then you have to change gear and all the powers gone again, whereas a turbo you only get a slight "turbo lag" but soon clears when the turbo kicks in

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
going to shop around tomorrow, are places like carcraft the best place to go or normal renault/vauxhall/ford garage forcorts the best? looking at finance really but i dont know wheather a loan would be better. cheers for the response :)

·
Registered
713 Posts
seriously wouldnt go for finance or loan to buy a car...by the time you finish paying the finance or loan back, youve paid more than what the car was originally worth and also car loses value soon as you drive it out the place. deffo a big no no in my books

1 - 20 of 38 Posts