All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations, we are delighted to inform you that you have made it through the challenge of the PCSO selection process and your start date has been confirmed.

Your first day

Your first day will be an Induction Day, taking place at the borough where you will work when you have completed the four-week training course.

Your Induction Day is:

Date: March 19th

You will receive a letter from us confirming your joining instructions for this day.
So I'm bloody happy!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Nice one mate, what did you have to do to get in?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Step 1: Complete an application
If you have access to this part of our website, then you'll have already completed Step 1.

The competency-based questionnaire (CBQ) you completed and submitted with your application will now be marked and assessed. If you pass, we'll invite you to attend a selection day event at our Recruitment Centre in Hendon.

Step 2: 'Day 1' (Selection Event)
On Day 1 you'll be asked to complete the following selection exercises:

* A written exercise
* Two 5-minute interactive role-plays
* A 30-minute structured interview.

For each of these, you will be presented with certain situations - or scenarios - and asked to provide a response. This will be in writing for the written exercise and verbally in the cases of the interactive role-plays and the interview. These activities allow us to observe what you do give a certain situation as well as how you do it. We will then be able to assess whether you have the right skills and qualities to be a PCSO.

To help you prepare, 'Your Application' will provide you with detailed information and advice about Day 1 when you reach that stage.

Step 3: 'Day 2' (medical & fitness)
If you complete Day 1 successfully you will be invited to Day 2, also at Hendon, where you will complete the Job Related Fitness Test (JRFT) and a medical assessment. The JRFT consists of two simple exercises designed to assess your:

* Endurance
* Dynamic strength.

The medical assessment is carried out by a registered nurse and checks things like eyesight, hearing, blood pressure and body mass. It is in addition to the medical questionnaire that you completed as part of your application.

Together, these tests will make sure you can meet the physical challenges of being a PCSO. 'Your Application' will provide you with detailed information and advice about Day 2 as and when you reach that stage in the process.

Step 4: References & security checks
If you pass Day 2, we'll start final checks on your security status and references. These checks will be based on the forms you filled in as part of your application.

Step 5: Receive start date & await training
Once these final checks are complete we'll write to you with details of the next available four-week training course. We'll then contact you - usually by telephone - to confirm your availability. If all is well we'll send you a formal job offer.
Taken from their website.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Very nice mate, i really want to join the police or fire service!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My uncle is CID for Mid-Sussex and another uncle is a volunteer with the Met.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Well done Mattie!

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
nice one mate! always been interested in doing that myself ... cept im short, under weight and they er... 'know' all about me already hehe

·
Registered
521 Posts
well done mate i looked into becoming pcso i went to the recruitment daay not so long ago but they said the funding had been withdraw so they wouldn't be taking any more on only replacing one's that leave

·
Registered
585 Posts
Well done mate!

I've always wanted to be a copper but ran into a bit of strife back in 2005 and ended up with a minor record (public order related) which may exclude me from eligibility. Apart from that my record (or lack of it) is impeccable. I'll know for sure once the recruiting for my local force starts again but it's something I've wanted to do since I was a young teenager. We'll see ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts