1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:confused:
Hi
I have a XC Barina 2004 Z14XE
The other day we could smell petrol whilst driving on the motorway, the next day the car had a flat battery, so we jump (boost) started it. It started up fine but didn't want to rev when pressing the accelarator pedal. The car with spanner light is now on, we took it for a drive and it wont rev fast, slows right down up-hill but still seems to be running smoothly, I'm guessing it is in 'Limp home mode' (won't go over 3000 rpm)

I have done the pedal test and got codes
P0120 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) Circuit 1 Voltage High C-09
P0120 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) Circuit 1 Voltage Low C-09
P0120 Throttle Position Sensor 1-2 Correlation C-09

and

P0220 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) Circuit 2 Voltage High C-09
P0220 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) Circuit 2 Voltage Low C-09
P0220 Throttle Position Sensor 1-2 Correlation C-09

What exactly does this mean

I removed the throttle body and have cleaned it back to new, I have not taken of the plastic case off the module attached to the throttle body to inspect as it seems to have factory clips which I am unsure if I should fiddle with. Is this module the TPS?
After cleaning and refitting it improved somewhat, I could rev the enging whilst sitting still, maybe slight improvement whilst driving. I also unplugged battery for an hour to see if the ECU would reset the codes but no luck

I have searched and searched but cannot confirm my theory,
Is the TPS on a Z14XE in a XC Barina the module attached to the Throttle Body?
If not where is it located?
If so can I buy it seperatly or do I need to replace whole throttle body? (if the codes point to faulty TPS)

Please help me!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SOLVED: after cleaning throttle body, I reset the fault codes at the mechanic for $25. All working sweet now!:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts