All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a TIG WELDER - Yorkshire + Surrounding area's.... Quality of work has to be spot on, as I'm not spending a large sum of cash for some cowboy to destroy a costly decat, screamer pipe and s/s custom piping.

Thanks,
stu

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hey Stu have u thought about Somewhere like North East Tyres and Exhausts in York they are ok when it comes to modified exhausts my mate got some work done there seems to be spot on.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate, might look into it.

I think I'm going to have to ring around, becuase I need some s/s piping made up but also need it so I can easily remove it for MOT purposes.
Its just finding someone who can TIG Weld decently. Apparently MIG Welding is relativly easy to pick up, but tig is different. Will have a look on yellowpages this evening I think.

Was worth a shot asking anyone on here if they knew a friend of a friend if you get me... ;)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean mate.

Mig welding is easy to pick up I got a welder from ebay for £15 pound and after a couple of hours I was running decent welds. Its ok doing things like badboy bonnets but exhausts is something diffent. Im sure you will find someone on the yellow pages there is a place in Tadcaster called TADWELD they might be able to do something cheap for you.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi mate,

This is basically what I'm after, decat, screamer and backbox - Looking to have a side exit on my Starbo :)
The one in picture was custom made from the decat downwards.
I'll have a look into that company mate.

Thanks alot :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Oh rite cool im sure if you show any fabricator that pic they will be able to re create it. Let me know how you get on if you call TADWELD.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
stupot if you need some SS pipe, theres a place in wakey that does it for a tenner for 6 foot, il get the name and number if you want fella?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts