All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new member here about to replace the rattly chain on my daughters 1.0 52 plate Corsa. Has anyone bought and fitted one of the kits from EBAY and if so are they any good. Seems you can get the whole kit incl sprockets for about 60 quid which is way less then Eurocarparts.
Also, is it do-able to complete the job without the special tools if you have the Haynes manual. I'm fairly proficient with the spanners but don't want to be stuck for the sake of a tool.
cheers
David

·
Banned
885 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

It's a case of 'you pays your money and you takes your choice', but for myself, I tend to be the 'belt and braces' type, not trusting things that seem too good to be true, as they generally are!

For major parts such as you are after (especially ones that would ruin an engine, should they fail) I would recommend that you use genuine parts.
You can get very reasonable prices on most items from Autovaux.

You would be well advised to buy the proper timing gauge kit, BUT do make sure that it is the correct kit for YOUR engine.

Regards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fitted the kit today. all seems well so far. Made up the crank tool on a lathe and the angle setting tool from plywood. Engine running nice and smooth, Would say doing the job without dropping the sump probably makes it more difficult than actually just dropping the sump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.